The HullaBoard  

Go Back   The HullaBoard > Hullabaloo Events > Archives (read-only) > Hullabaloo 10th Anniversary Weekend Celebration
User Name
Password
Home Forum Gallery Arcade Journals FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old May 24th, 2007, 02:22 PM   #1
Beatz4Brainz
Hulla Legacy Member

first timers?

I was wondering how many people will be attending their first hulla in july. this will be my first and i kinda feel like a loner just seeing if that's the case. I personally am pumped up beyond belief as I have several times tried to make it to hulla and haven't been able to. hope the hulla alums aren't too upset us newbies are coming we just want to experience this for ourselves you know. see you all in july
Beatz4Brainz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 24th, 2007, 02:41 PM   #2
SkItLeS
Hullaboarder

Send a message via AIM to SkItLeS
why would we be upset? we grew up in a time when they taught sharing... normally.
Old May 24th, 2007, 03:06 PM   #3
Beatz4Brainz
Hulla Legacy Member

some people have just struck me as feeling like the reunion party is for former hulla attendees. i didn't want anyone to feel like us newbies were taking tickets that could have been for hulla alum you know.
Old May 24th, 2007, 03:24 PM   #4
fallenangelslove
Friendship Crew

Send a message via AIM to fallenangelslove Send a message via Yahoo to fallenangelslove
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkItLeS
why would we be upset? we grew up in a time when they taught sharing... normally.

I hate to say it but for AGT there were quite a few alums that were upset about newbs not myself included but there were
Old May 24th, 2007, 03:25 PM   #5
fallenangelslove
Friendship Crew

Send a message via AIM to fallenangelslove Send a message via Yahoo to fallenangelslove
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beatz4Brainz
some people have just struck me as feeling like the reunion party is for former hulla attendees. i didn't want anyone to feel like us newbies were taking tickets that could have been for hulla alum you know.

And if that is the case they should have been there to get them...plus there are quite a few up for sale. I have seen them cheaper than what was paid for them....so yah
fallenangelslove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 24th, 2007, 03:31 PM   #6
SkItLeS
Hullaboarder

Quote:
Originally Posted by fallenangelslove
I hate to say it but for AGT there were quite a few alums that were upset about newbs not myself included but there were

point taken.
SkItLeS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 24th, 2007, 03:45 PM   #7
kylefabulous
Queen Bitch Mod

Send a message via ICQ to kylefabulous Send a message via AIM to kylefabulous Send a message via Yahoo to kylefabulous
these are my feelings...

anyone that buys a ticket is and should be welcome to come...

any 'alum' that is in any way connected to the scene had ample time and resources to acquire a ticket!

hell.. even still.. i know many ways to get em!

there is no excuse really...

so just come and have the time of your life..

don't worry about old crusty ravers bitchin about it not being like the old days....

i say to you ....

Happy Hullabaloo!!!
kylefabulous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 24th, 2007, 04:06 PM   #8
fallenangelslove
Friendship Crew

woo hoooooo...coudln't have said it better myself
fallenangelslove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 24th, 2007, 04:08 PM   #9
Beatz4Brainz
Hulla Legacy Member

Smile

This is perfect, exactly what I had expected from the hulla board. in less than an hour you all have eased any worries i had. i got a feelin this is gonna be even better than i had thought.

Happy Hulla
Old May 24th, 2007, 04:13 PM   #10
deggs
Hullaboarder

i have a feeling this one may be a little more noob friendly than agt...

(though how should i know, i didn't go to agt... i just heard about it from friends who went)
deggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 24th, 2007, 04:45 PM   #11
Minkis
Hullaboarder

Photos: 1  Users Photo Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Minkis Send a message via MSN to Minkis Send a message via Yahoo to Minkis
YAY FOR NOOBS! lol

but yes, yall are welcome to come have fun with us hulla oldtimers
Minkis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 24th, 2007, 05:04 PM   #12
Swuft
Hulla Legacy Member
Starry Night Champion! High Score: 2850  Ninja Kid Champion! High Score: 67500  AirFox Champion! High Score: 31019  Stick Fighter Champion! High Score: 86500  Chicken Champion! High Score: 7701793  Squirrel Soccer Champion! High Score: 3980  Nut Nut Champion! High Score: 740 

I'm sure there will be some Hulla alum that will be a little noob unfriendly but its ok. All of us Hulla board noobs are friends with the best ravers that are going to be there anyway..the Hulla board alum. Sorry for being cheesy.
Swuft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 24th, 2007, 05:27 PM   #13
MiSS KiT-E
Hulla Legacy Member

Send a message via AIM to MiSS KiT-E
wow i never thought that being a HULLA n00b was such a big deal..
i claim myself as a HULLA n00b but i have all the plur nessecary to show these old skool hulla "alums" that just because i'm new to hulla does not mean i'm new to being a kandie kid and spreading just as much love there as i would anywhere else! and besides raves cant keep continuing without n00bs! we need them to continue the traditions..
and one last thing..

ALL YOU OLD SKOOL HULLA RAVERS WERE ONCE NEW TOO lol

^ ^ that wasnt ment to be mean! just stating the obvious!
Old May 24th, 2007, 05:33 PM   #14
Swuft
Hulla Legacy Member
Starry Night Champion! High Score: 2850  Ninja Kid Champion! High Score: 67500  AirFox Champion! High Score: 31019  Stick Fighter Champion! High Score: 86500  Chicken Champion! High Score: 7701793  Squirrel Soccer Champion! High Score: 3980  Nut Nut Champion! High Score: 740 

^^I agree.

btw your signature rocks. It took me a minute to figure out why it sounded familiar.

Last edited by Swuft : May 24th, 2007 at 05:37 PM.
Swuft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 24th, 2007, 05:41 PM   #15
MiSS KiT-E
Hulla Legacy Member

Send a message via AIM to MiSS KiT-E
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swuft
^^I agree.

btw your signature rocks. It took me a minute to figure out why it sounded familiar.

hah thanx.. its just i feel its my turn to show the hulla comunity what i can bring to the scene! all my love all my passion all my emotions all of my NRG!

<333 OPEN YOUR EYES SEE ALL THE LOVE IN ME, I GOT ENOUGH FOREVER, DONT BE AFRAID TAKE ALL YOU NEED FROM ME WE'LL BE STRONG TOGETHER!! <333

thats what hullas about!!
MiSS KiT-E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 24th, 2007, 05:43 PM   #16
snug_bunny
Hullaboarder

Journal Entries: 2 View Users Journal
This is only going to be my second one . My frist being lost in space. I never got n00b a stamp though I wanna get one this time lolol
Old May 24th, 2007, 06:13 PM   #17
dianejapa
Friendship Crew

Photos: 12  Users Photo Gallery
Send a message via ICQ to dianejapa Send a message via AIM to dianejapa
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beatz4Brainz

if there aren't newbs, there will never be veterans. don't feel guilty about taking tickets. this is rediculous. i love hulla and i'm just glad that you and some of my friends have one more chance to be there.

look for me at the party. just look for neon green and white flowers.
dianejapa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 24th, 2007, 06:39 PM   #18
Beatz4Brainz
Hulla Legacy Member

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by dianejapa
if there aren't newbs, there will never be veterans. don't feel guilty about taking tickets. this is rediculous. i love hulla and i'm just glad that you and some of my friends have one more chance to be there.

look for me at the party. just look for neon green and white flowers.

I definitely will. i was pretty sure that feeling was that of the majority you know i was just trying to feel the vibe. and make sure i wasn't the only noob i mean with everyone talking past hullas i was wondering you know.
Old May 24th, 2007, 06:41 PM   #19
Kandifox
Hulla Legacy Member

Send a message via AIM to Kandifox
Yup this'll be my first Hulla....^_^
Can't wait! <3333
Kandifox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 24th, 2007, 06:45 PM   #20
oOoMissEoOo
Hulla Legacy Member

Send a message via AIM to oOoMissEoOo
I think it's great u get to experience a Hulla rave!! As I have only been to 1, it will be one of lifes greatest experiences. Well, perhaps i'm exaggerating a bit....buuut, these parties are sooo fun and are filled with that old skool rave vibe! I totally had a blast at the one I attended (Get Hype).
oOoMissEoOo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 24th, 2007, 10:09 PM   #21
EvoldicA
Friendship Crew

Send a message via AIM to EvoldicA
I've been on Hullaboard for a while.. though this will be my first. I guess I am between a complete (hulla) n00b, and a "regular". I look forward to meeting a few of the people I've got to know here, and definitely want to get to know more. I look forward to hanging with the only person on this board that I've met in person once again.. because she is awesome and we never got a chance to go to a party. I really hope everything works out for her as far as getting into Canada. I will consider her my Hulla Mentor lol..
EvoldicA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 24th, 2007, 11:02 PM   #22
DJ Tranzit
Hullaboarder
Snake Champion! High Score: 2183  Duck Hunt Champion! High Score: 89000 

Send a message via ICQ to DJ Tranzit Send a message via MSN to DJ Tranzit Send a message via Yahoo to DJ Tranzit
i'd imagine they'll be more "newbies" there than there will be older generation.
For a lot of people, AGT was their first hulla, and a lot of those people are back again this time, it seems. That together with all the new people, and you're well over 50% of attendees which have only attended 0-2 hulla events, id imagnie.

dont worry

** New - Dj Tranzit - This Is Why I'm Hot - 60 min hardcore fuckery ***
DJ Tranzit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 24th, 2007, 11:25 PM   #23
Stunt_Girl
Friendship Crew

Send a message via AIM to Stunt_Girl
I've only been to 2 hulla's and both were within 2005. I wouldn't call myself a newbie [I've been in the scene for over 2 years] but I don't feel I've expericenced enough to call myself "regular" Hulla was my into to the kandikid/HHC scene so it holds a very special place in my heart.

and honestly I wouldn't be worried about feeling like a newbie -at all-. I was so pumped at my first Hulla to get that (N) stamp on my face ^_^ I really don't think I've ever been in an inviroment that felt so welcoming and so loving EVER.
To be with you
by your side
<3333
Stunt_Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 24th, 2007, 11:55 PM   #24
SkItLeS
Hullaboarder

AGT was my frist hulla. i'm not new to the scene but i felt at home when i went to my first and only hulla. and as corney as it sounds i truly found out what plur meant.
SkItLeS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 24th, 2007, 11:56 PM   #25
Stunt_Girl
Friendship Crew

Send a message via AIM to Stunt_Girl
^^ i totally agree. Pacific Sun was my first, but I felt so welcomed and "in" the scene when I was there
Stunt_Girl is offline   Reply With Quote