The HullaBoard  

Go Back   The HullaBoard > Hullabaloo Events > Archives (read-only) > Hullabaloo 10th Anniversary Weekend Celebration
User Name
Password
Home Forum Gallery Arcade Journals FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old July 12th, 2007, 06:38 PM   #1
Minkis
Hullaboarder

Photos: 1  Users Photo Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Minkis Send a message via MSN to Minkis Send a message via Yahoo to Minkis
Angry bad news people...

this party will be minkis-less

unfortunately i will NOT be able to make it to hulla
basically, you can blame the stupid idiot that got caught drinking and driving last weekend, now THIS weekend, we will have to come in for like, an hour during the weekend to check in...

so now, i cant be further than an hour away from base...

im so pissed, i was looking SO forward to this! bring back memories, meet all you awesome people!

sorry people...
Minkis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 12th, 2007, 07:02 PM   #2
basic
Hullaboarder

Location: Lurking in the bushes outside Chef Boyardee's house
Send a message via MSN to basic
Isn't there a way to get an exemption?
basic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 12th, 2007, 07:02 PM   #3
Weaver
Hullaboarder

Photos: 11  Users Photo Gallery
Journal Entries: 4 View Users Journal
awwwwwww Minkis noooooo!!!
Old July 12th, 2007, 08:29 PM   #4
Kandifox
Hulla Legacy Member

Send a message via AIM to Kandifox
Unhappy

NOoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!
Minnnkiissss!!!!!!
Rawr I really wanted to meet youuuuuhhh........
My zombie......*sniffle*
Kandifox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 12th, 2007, 08:43 PM   #5
DJ Tranzit
Hullaboarder
Snake Champion! High Score: 2183  Duck Hunt Champion! High Score: 89000 

Send a message via ICQ to DJ Tranzit Send a message via MSN to DJ Tranzit Send a message via Yahoo to DJ Tranzit
so wait...
someone you were in the car with was drinking and driving, or were you drinking and driving?

what happened?

** New - Dj Tranzit - This Is Why I'm Hot - 60 min hardcore fuckery ***
DJ Tranzit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 12th, 2007, 09:27 PM   #6
Minkis
Hullaboarder

Send a message via AIM to Minkis Send a message via MSN to Minkis Send a message via Yahoo to Minkis
someone in my company was drinking and driving, and it happens like, every other weekend, the commander is gettin pissed

next week is the busiest training week of like, the year, so i couldnt get that off, even tho i told them months ago

GAH
i know, i wanted to meet you too...
Old July 12th, 2007, 10:25 PM   #7
Weaver
Hullaboarder

Photos: 11  Users Photo Gallery
Journal Entries: 4 View Users Journal
Well Minkis, I can at least respect that you're putting responsibility first.
Weaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 13th, 2007, 12:03 AM   #8
DJ Tranzit
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to DJ Tranzit Send a message via MSN to DJ Tranzit Send a message via Yahoo to DJ Tranzit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minkis
someone in my company was drinking and driving, and it happens like, every other weekend, the commander is gettin pissed

next week is the busiest training week of like, the year, so i couldnt get that off, even tho i told them months ago

GAH
i know, i wanted to meet you too...
wait a second
because someone you SAW was drinking and driving, now you're not allowed to leave the country? That's rediculous.

If you were drinking and driving, or got in the car with someone drinking and driving, then you are a dumb ass for doing so.. that's just flat out stupid...

but, if it's just someone you saw... what effin' gives?
Old July 13th, 2007, 12:25 AM   #9
ctraverboy
Hullaboarder

Send a message via AIM to ctraverboy Send a message via Yahoo to ctraverboy
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ Tranzit
wait a second
because someone you SAW was drinking and driving, now you're not allowed to leave the country? That's rediculous.

If you were drinking and driving, or got in the car with someone drinking and driving, then you are a dumb ass for doing so.. that's just flat out stupid...

but, if it's just someone you saw... what effin' gives?

From what I gathered, he is in the military, a unit member got caught drinking and driving one too many times and now his commanding officer has placed some extra restrictions on time off. Rewarded as a unit, punished as a unit.
ctraverboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 13th, 2007, 02:07 AM   #10
Robin Frolic
Hullabaloo's Mama

It's group psychology; if the entire group gets punished, then the group will place pressure on the offending members not to do that again. It's far more effective than just punishing the offender.
Robin Frolic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 13th, 2007, 02:43 AM   #11
ctraverboy
Hullaboarder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin Frolic
It's group psychology; if the entire group gets punished, then the group will place pressure on the offending members not to do that again. It's far more effective than just punishing the offender.

When the group starts bonding and acting as one, you should see the effects of requiring the offender do what they were doing that got them in trouble...

While you punish everyone else.
Old July 13th, 2007, 05:35 AM   #12
SkItLeS
Hullaboarder

Send a message via AIM to SkItLeS
Minkis pm me your addy i'll mail you the hulla cuff i promised to make you.
Old July 13th, 2007, 10:55 AM   #13
DJ Tranzit
Hullaboarder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin Frolic
im sure this results in a lot of group beatings.
Old July 13th, 2007, 10:55 AM   #14
DJ Tranzit
Hullaboarder

and, secondly.. if someone is caught drinking and driving, they should be discharged from the army.

that's ridiculous!
Old July 13th, 2007, 11:14 AM   #15
Robin Frolic
Hullabaloo's Mama

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctraverboy
When the group starts bonding and acting as one, you should see the effects of requiring the offender do what they were doing that got them in trouble...

While you punish everyone else.

Yeah, there's nothing quite like adding a healthy dose of resentment.
Robin Frolic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 13th, 2007, 04:00 PM   #16
ctraverboy
Hullaboarder

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ Tranzit
and, secondly.. if someone is caught drinking and driving, they should be discharged from the army.

that's ridiculous!

Discharge is on the table when you drink and drive, but they look at your entire service record before deciding to take that step. They also consider whether you accept responsibility and show the willingness to do what you have to to avoid it.

Assuming an otherwise good record, acceptance of responsibility and show of remores... demotion(or denial of promotion to E2, which is automatic if you dont' commit a serious offense), restriction to barracks with extra duty, forfeiture of 2/3rds pay for 3 months, and going to alcohol education courses are what someone could expect for drunk driving in the military, at least with a good commander(mine never gave less for anything alcohol related). Another likely option is 30 days in correctional custody, which is a blend of a minimum security brig with boot camp and hard labor, but I've seen that used more for long, consistent patterns of minor offenses than one big one.

You do not get a break from any civilian consequences either, at least in the US- military law and civilian law are considered entirely seperate things when it comes to double jeapordy. Whether or not civilian consequences are modified in other countries for US personnel depends on the Status of Forces Agreement signed with that other country, but it generally depends on whether it occured off base or on base, and provided the member is available to defend himself(ie, not still in civilian jail/prison), the military always gets to impose punishment.
Old July 13th, 2007, 04:53 PM   #17
DJ Tranzit
Hullaboarder

plain and simple, the military is supposed to set an example for the rest of the citizens of the country. they are supposed to be upstanding citizens. no exceptions.

if you're in the military, and you screw up, are you really a model citizen for fellow americans? no.

Although, I do agree that they should be punished double. One in civilian law, and one in military law. However, why you should have to suffer because of this is bullshit as far as i'm concerned. That's nuts.

I hope this guy gets knocked out by his fellow military colleauges. He deserves it. (and i dont say that seriously very often).
Old July 13th, 2007, 05:21 PM   #18
basic
Hullaboarder

Location: Lurking in the bushes outside Chef Boyardee's house
Send a message via MSN to basic
Man, I wouldn't last a day in the Army.
basic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 13th, 2007, 05:58 PM   #19
Minkis
Hullaboarder

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctraverboy
Discharge is on the table when you drink and drive, but they look at your entire service record before deciding to take that step. They also consider whether you accept responsibility and show the willingness to do what you have to to avoid it.

Assuming an otherwise good record, acceptance of responsibility and show of remores... demotion(or denial of promotion to E2, which is automatic if you dont' commit a serious offense), restriction to barracks with extra duty, forfeiture of 2/3rds pay for 3 months, and going to alcohol education courses are what someone could expect for drunk driving in the military, at least with a good commander(mine never gave less for anything alcohol related). Another likely option is 30 days in correctional custody, which is a blend of a minimum security brig with boot camp and hard labor, but I've seen that used more for long, consistent patterns of minor offenses than one big one.

You do not get a break from any civilian consequences either, at least in the US- military law and civilian law are considered entirely seperate things when it comes to double jeapordy. Whether or not civilian consequences are modified in other countries for US personnel depends on the Status of Forces Agreement signed with that other country, but it generally depends on whether it occured off base or on base, and provided the member is available to defend himself(ie, not still in civilian jail/prison), the military always gets to impose punishment.
youve pretty much got it right.. hes gonna lose rank down to E-nothing(E1), extra duty, prolly a loss of pay, lose his license, shit like that

and if he did do this off post, he would have to deal with civilian AND military law... there is no double jeopardy when it comes to that, it is two completely separate courts... now since he got caught on post, its only military
the thing that makes this guy even more of an idiot, he was out drinking, a sober guy drove him back to his room, then he decided "oh, i ran out of cigarettes, im gonna drive to the store (which is a 5 minute walk) and buy some"....got caught on the way to the store
*smack*
Old July 13th, 2007, 06:00 PM   #20
Minkis
Hullaboarder

and im not sure if its possible, but since i was a +1, can one of my friends go in my spot? i doubt it, and i dont really care one way or another
my friend just wanted me to ask
Old July 15th, 2007, 01:17 AM   #21
Minkis
Hullaboarder

didnt think so...lol
Old July 16th, 2007, 10:01 PM   #22
Stunt_Girl
Friendship Crew

Send a message via AIM to Stunt_Girl
Minkis you need to get me your address. I wanna send you the kandi I made you!!
To be with you
by your side
<3333
Stunt_Girl is offline   Reply With Quote