User Name
Password
Home Forum Gallery Arcade Journals FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old July 6th, 2000, 04:59 PM   #1
Commander Keen
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to Commander Keen
who's all coming to the i-dance rally?
I know that it's a chance for the rave scene to speak, but what exactly are we trying to say? who's gonna be speaking on the scenes behalf? should we make banners and signs?
Will anyone clean up the square after the rally is over?

just wanted to spark some interest on this topic. the rally is less than a month away

Steve
Old July 7th, 2000, 12:42 AM   #2
ShiFtAh
Hullaboarder

Photos: 2  Users Photo Gallery
Send a message via ICQ to ShiFtAh
Exclamation

*I* will be at I-Rally under any/all circumstances. If volunteers are needed to clean up after our rally I will gladly volunteer and be happy that I'm doing it.
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>
what exactly are we trying to say? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

~we AREN'T all about drugs, and that the drugs have evolved from the scene and gone everywhere else BUT raves
~we care about the music and the people and some of us may not WANT to rave sober, but we are willing to sacrifice that to have our scene back
~WE CARE ABOUT OUR COMMUNITY

Those are the reasons why I'm goin to the I-Dance Rally and I hope those are the reasons that the rest of you are, because if it is we will hopefully be a complete success. *gets down off her soap-box*

...peace
Laura
Old July 7th, 2000, 03:22 PM   #3
Commander Keen
Hullaboarder

yeah, same here.. I'm going sober, and I hope everyone else will too.

I'm just wondering if anyone is willing to help clean up the square after the rally is over. I'm willing to help out if others will join me. It'll help make the "scene" look better when the media sees us cleaning up our own mess.
hehe, maybe we could turn it into an after party gathering.

anyone else interested?

Steve
Old July 8th, 2000, 12:20 AM   #4
Roches
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to Roches Send a message via MSN to Roches
definitely. i'll be sober. obviously. anything less would be *disgusting*.

and yeah, i like the idea of cleaning it up. i really hope everyone understands this is instant media coverage, this is our chance (not like we *really* need it) but if it goes off well it could be the turning point in our battle... once raving is *accepted* it'll be a LOT easier to have *incredible* (and really bad) parties... yeah we've had trouble before but it's been impossible to stop us.
Old July 8th, 2000, 01:44 PM   #5
Klubmasta Will
Hullaboarder

we'll post the line-up of speakers once we have contacted and confirmed them all.

and helping clean up the square is a great idea. the mc's will be asking people to do that too.

Klubmasta Will
Old July 8th, 2000, 02:37 PM   #6
jules
Hullaboarder

Send a message via AIM to jules
Talking

I think that this is gonna be a wikkid forum for us, the ravers, to directly communicate what we're all about to the general (and mostly conservative) public.
The clean up idea is an awesome one, and I'd luv to help out doing that, so if someone wants to organize it, contact me via email.
I really hope that everyone comes to this sober (it would be encredibly stupid to dose at this event), but its gonna be an awesome time for unification and support for each other. See you all there,
luv Jules
Old July 9th, 2000, 04:40 AM   #7
Commander Keen
Hullaboarder

hmm.. well Klubmasta Will said that the mc's willb e asking people to stay behind and help clean up..

anyone interesting in organizing it? I would, but I'm bnot from toronto and wouldn't know what to do really..

also, is anything happening after the rally?

Old July 10th, 2000, 05:33 PM   #8
{{{ethereal}}}
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to {{{ethereal}}}
I was wondering about that too. If 50 000 are really expected to show up at I-dance, then that's a HUGE mess. I'll help clean up but I think a volunteer "cleaning crew" should be organized so it's not just a bunch of random people clean random stuff.

Is there going to be a party the night of I-Dance? U know, for partiers to let off steam from the rally.
Old July 19th, 2000, 01:45 AM   #9
*-=LeTiT=-*
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to *-=LeTiT=-*
Thumbs up

yah yah,
everyone goto Turbo after I Dance to see

Ed Rush vs. Matrix..
its gonna HYPE!

peace..
Old July 19th, 2000, 02:26 PM   #10
Whistle Posse Raver
Hullaboarder

Talking

Here's a better Idea: How about instead of throwing all our garbage on the floor, we use the waste receptacles!!! Just a valid point, but I will definetely stay and help clean up.

Just a thought, from what I've heard the only special event after the rally is @ TURBO (Ed Rush vs. Matrix), how rammed is it going to be, I honestly don't want to stay outside all night because the club is at capacity... and the longer we help out cleaning up, the later we will get into the club.

I think all volunteers should get VIP, so we don't lose out just to make a statement to the public that we care. GOOD GUYS ALLWAYS FINISH LAST, maybe that should change in this case!

PLUR- See you all sober a I-Dance!