Password
Home Forum Gallery Arcade Journals FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old July 20th, 2000, 06:24 PM   #1
blueshrike
Hullaboarder

Exclamation

Broadcast to Party People Project general announcement list
July 20, 2000

Help needed for the IDance Rally!!! (IMPORTANT)

1) Marshals

One of the things the Party People Project needs for the IDance rally is a group of friendly and relaxed people to volunteer to be marshals. Marshals will help keep the crowd orderly and will ensure that people behave themselves. This is something that will definitely be necessary for the IDance rally to occur. (Don't worry, the police will be there to handle serious situations). BTW -- 'marshalling' is a skill that gets used over and over, so it's a good one to learn. For more information contact partypeopleproject@mail.com

We will be holding a free workshop to train volunteers.

Where: Committee Room 1
City Hall
When: 3pm Sunday, July 23, 2000

The workshop will last about 2 hours.

To be a marshal you must attend the training session and you must be able to volunteer from 4:30pm till 11pm on Tuesday, August 1st at Nathan Phillips square. (Times are approximate).

If you have a hard time finding the place. City Hall is the building that looks like a flying saucer located on the north side of Nathan Phillips Square (100 Queen St. West). If you don’t know where committee room 1 is, then just ask for the Party People Project meeting at the information desk on the first floor of city hall. The following map shows the general environs of City Hall:
http://www.mapquest.com/cgi-bin/share?selm02e4z9xebugf

2) Sign making!

Creative PartyPeople needed to make 'picket' signs for the IDance Rally. Mass sign-making session on Saturday, July 22nd, 1 to 4pm at 168 Bathurst St. (just south of Queen). Some supplies will be provided, but bring paints and markers if you have some you can share. We plan to make about 500 picket signs and some banners so we could really use the help!!!!

If you can't come, you can make your own signs out of poster board to bring to the rally. Suggested Slogans are: Dancing Is Not a Crime; Peace, Love, Unity, Respect; Keep Your Laws Off Our Dance Floor; OVERregulation=BAN;

Please send this message to all your friends and contacts that may be interested.

Thanks Everyone! The more we put into this event, the stronger the message we send...

If you have any questions or comments, drop us a line at partypeopleproject@mail.com

Love,

The Party People Project.
Old July 21st, 2000, 03:28 AM   #2
roo
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to roo
Talking

a question... will you guys be supplying wood for the signs or should we bring posterboard?

andrea
Old July 21st, 2000, 01:51 PM   #3
Brownie
Hullanewbie

i'm so sad. this whole project will be great for the fight, and i want to help out. problem 1: my aunt was murdered on monday night (the etobicoke shooting), and the funeral is on saturday-all day. i want to be there more (sorry guys) so i can't come out to make signs. i will definately make some at home, but who do i give them to??
problem 2: i work full-time, mon-fri, and so i won't be able to attend the training session to be a marshal. can i come late? what should i do. i really need to be proactive right now, i have a lot of frustration *breathing*. let me know what i can do.
(p.s. i'm o.k., but i know what it takes for me to deal...let me help somehow )

[This message has been edited by Brownie (edited July 21, 2000).]

[This message has been edited by Brownie (edited July 21, 2000).]
Old July 25th, 2000, 01:47 AM   #4
ProdigyBoy
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to ProdigyBoy
browni, my sorry to hear about the loss. wow your commited.

i might mkae it for the sign decorations, or if i cant make it down. i might do my own.

i really wanna see flags, signs, bannders, ballons, and partiers.

marshaling i would like to do but ownt make it til 5 and i wanna be dancing.

sorry,
Cameron Bay.

PS:great work