Klubmasta Will
Hullaboarder

Talking

IT’S ABOUT FREEDOM TO DANCE

i-Dance Rally
Tuesday, August 1, 2000
5 pm – 10 pm
Nathan Phillips Sq, Toronto

After months of being under fire, Toronto’s Rave and Electronic Music Community has rallied together to fight for our Freedom to Dance. We will no longer tolerate the political lies and unfair scrutiny. We will no longer accept the blatant misrepresentation of our culture by misinformed media and by those in positions of power. We will no longer put up with the ramblings of a Mayor and a Police Chief who are so obviously out of touch with today’s youth.

On Tuesday, August 1, our united voice will be heard.

Please join us as Toronto’s Electronic Music Community celebrates one of the most vibrant and respected party scenes in the world. Already being hailed as the most important electronic music event in the history of the country, the i-Dance message will be heard around the world.

Supporters all over North America are organising busses and sending donations as they recognise that the outcome of the Rally will affect the treatment of raves in their own cities.

Speakers at the Rally will include politicians, business owners, musicians, youth activists, concerned community groups and those associated with Toronto’s rave scene.

Music will be provided by some of the world’s top DJs including international superstars:

BAD BOY BILL (Chicago)
DERRICK CARTER (Chicago)
JUMPING JACK FROST (UK)
ED RUSH (UK)
MATRIX (UK)
MISS HONEY DIJON (New York City)
DYNAMITE MC (UK)

alongside Toronto favourites:

KENNY GLASGOW
ANABOLIC FROLIC
DR. TRANCE
MC FLIPSIDE

We have strategically scheduled the Rally the day before City Council re-visits the rave issue (on August 2nd) and on a day on which City Council will be in session! Join the fun on August 1st as thousands of ravers descend on Nathan Phillips Square to fight for their Freedom to Dance!

If you want to see Dance Culture survive in Toronto, come out and support your FREEDOM TO DANCE! There is Power in Numbers, so help us send a clear message to City Council. TOGETHER WE CAN MAKE HISTORY!

SEE YOU ON AUGUST 1ST!!!

[***PLEASE NOTE*** Our headlining DJs will be on first because we want maximum crowds while City Council is still in session and while the news cameras go live-to-air. So please, COME EARLY!!! Party starts at 5 pm. ]

Old July 21st, 2000, 12:59 PM   #2
*~*~*ChEEr BeAR!*~*~*
Hullaboarder

Interesting...
Old July 21st, 2000, 01:00 PM   #3
Klubmasta Will
Hullaboarder

Cool

[a copy of our most recent press release …]

Ravers produce CD mocking Mayor Mel and Chief Fantino
Mel & Julian's voice on CD celebrating Aug. 1st rave on Nathan Phillip's Sq.

To commemorate the historic event of a rave on Nathan Phillips Square, MC Flipside and Snug Clothing have produced a rave-style CD entitled "It’s About Freedom to Dance". The CD, defending rave culture, contains 7 original tracks showcasing different styles of electronic music.

The CD is a fundraiser for the i-Dance Rally set to take place on August 1st at Nathan Phillips Square and promises to be a Toronto hit.

The tracks themselves contain actual excerpts from City Council meetings and from outrageous speeches made by the Mayor and the Police Chief. These historic songs clearly illustrate the hypocrisy and unfair rhetoric plaguing Toronto's rave scene. The artists, all renowned Canadian electronic music producers, have been inspired by the banter of Toronto's politicians.

A media conference on Monday, July 24 will distribute and play the CD for the media and will answer questions about the i-Dance Rally. Copies of the CD will be available for media.

------- ------- ------- ------- -------

toronto dance safety committee and the party people project
in association with snug and mc flipside present

”it’s about
freedom
to dance”

7 original tracks from some of Toronto’s top artists to benefit the i DANCE rally august 1. 00 nathan phillips sq .Toronto

Thanks to
Flipside Would Like To Thank... The City of Toronto for being the best place to party, All the people that he has affected with his music throughout the years and the ravers for believing in him and supporting his passion. Props going out to Chocolate and the Scratch Free Press. Extra Special Thanks Goes Out To... All The People Involved In This Project, Olivia Chow, Bob Gallagher, Mitchel Raphael, Bruce @ PCM, James (Trek-E @ Acme Vinyl), Will Chang aka Klubmasta Will, Frankenstein for comin' thru, Vench, Kristina, Freaky Flow and the following individuals whose talent and contributions to this project will be remembered forever: D-Region, Nefarius, Paranoid Jack, Hatiras, Shine, St. Pete, Robb G. You Guys came thru and believe me you'll be remembered forever. Also Snug Industries for continuing to help put Toronto on the map thru clothing design and for being such nice guys and to the Hullabaloo Board , Tribe Magazine, TorontoJungle.com and 1groove.com
Extra, Extra, Extra Special Thanks To The Toronto Dance Safety Committee

Remember it is our right to dance and we will.....

the tracks

1. “Strike Back” presented by Nefarius and Flipside featuring Ylook
Written by T. Graham, N. Pizzonia, S. Rana. Produced by Collizhun for Tough Dumplin' Beats. Mixed and Recorded by Frank "Frankie Ano" Fallico for Man Of The People Productions at Ill Lab Studios, Woodbridge, Ontario.

2. “I’m Not Perfect” by Robb G.
Written and produced by Robb G, Sheldon Street and Todd Holland at Beat Bros studios Barrie, Ontario for Laidback Lab Records. Vocal samples courtesy of MC Flipside. www.robbg.com. www.beatbros.net

3. “Ricochet” presented by D-Region featuring Flipside
Written and Produced by T. Marrocco @ Undercover Studios. D-Region appears courtesy of Furious Records. Additional Vocals by MC Flipside.

4. “Devil Music” by Hatiras
Written and Produced by Hatiras.
Hatiras appears courtesy of Lunchbox Recordings.

5. “They Go Nuts” by DJ Shine
Produced by Jason (DJ SHINE) Spanu
Courtesy remix recordings 2000
djshine2000@hotmail.com

6. “Mr. Perfect” by Paranoid Jack
Written and Produced by Paranoid Jack for Redline Productions. Paranoid Jack appears courtesy of Stickman Records.

7. “Control Freaks” by St. Pete
Written and Produced by Peter Pennate for Gasp Music

------- ------- ------- ------- -------

the CDs (which kick f*cking ASS) will be on sale at the I-DANCE Pre-Party and at the Rally itself. Cost is $10. Pick them up early because they will be collectors items and we GUARANTEE they will sell out.
Old July 21st, 2000, 01:02 PM   #4
Klubmasta Will
Hullaboarder

Cool

OTHER NEWS

I-Dance PRE-PARTY organized by Astroboy from ATM – Sat, July 29 @ Turbo. $15, all-ages with 19 plus area.

I-Dance AFTER-PARTY organized by Sean (Email Productions) and Sara (Modrobes) – August 1st after the Rally @ Limelight. 3 floors (including rooftop patio), $10, all-ages with 19 plus area.

(look for more details on the message board and help us spread the word!!!)

[This message has been edited by Klubmasta Will (edited July 21, 2000).]
Old July 21st, 2000, 01:05 PM   #5
*~*~*ChEEr BeAR!*~*~*
Hullaboarder

I hope I can make this.

I really, really do.
Old July 21st, 2000, 01:06 PM   #6
c.u.g.g.y
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to c.u.g.g.y
must.... get..... C... D......
Old July 21st, 2000, 01:08 PM   #7
Klubmasta Will
Hullaboarder

the jungle track by d-region made its debut in the hullabaloo tent at wemf (before the first set on friday night). the first *official* playing of the track came at the end of mystical influence's set in the syrous tent on saturday night.

the crowd went absolutely nuts.

Old July 21st, 2000, 01:59 PM   #8
8)_popinfresh_(8
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to 8)_popinfresh_(8
when will you guys post info about the email/modrobes afterparty?

Luke
Old July 21st, 2000, 02:21 PM   #9
SpEcS
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to SpEcS
I am liking the sound of this.....must get CD......must mock Fantino and Lastman!

SpEcS
-F3 Productions http://www.f3.tsx.org
416-703-5643
Sept 16, 2000 "MEGAHAPPYFUNRAVE!"
Old July 21st, 2000, 02:42 PM   #10
Kornflake~Girl
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to Kornflake~Girl
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Klubmasta Will:

5. “They Go Nuts” by DJ Shine
Produced by Jason (DJ SHINE) Spanu
Courtesy remix recordings 2000
djshine2000@hotmail.com
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

^^^
So grabing this CD now

Old July 21st, 2000, 02:49 PM   #11
c.u.g.g.y
Hullaboarder

Thumbs up

mocking fatino and mel is a gooood thing =)
Old July 21st, 2000, 02:50 PM   #12
c.u.g.g.y
Hullaboarder

[This message has been edited by c.u.g.g.y (edited July 21, 2000).]
Old July 21st, 2000, 05:34 PM   #13
Klubmasta Will
Hullaboarder

anyone coming to liquid adrenaline's new clubnite @ nv tonite ( www.hullabalooraves.com/ubb/Forum9/HTML/000734.html ) will hear hatiras play his i-dance track, flipside play his i-dance track, and freaky flow play d-region's i-dance track.

hope to see some of you there ...

Klubmasta Will

Old July 21st, 2000, 06:18 PM   #14
ProdigyBoy
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to ProdigyBoy
Alright the CD seems like its almost a must have.

is just me,
OR
Optical is no longer coming with Ed Rush...
and Matrix has been added.
(hymmmm?)

well im definetly there. im just going to see if the Net Meet thread is still up. hope everyone goes full out for this one.

i have never been this excited for a party ever...ok maybe some came close to tieing it.

later,
Cameron Bay.

PS: can we dance in the water? be "liquid" kids for real

PPS:some one, plz sample the "FOOT LOOSE" movie speach to the town council on dancing. =)
Old July 21st, 2000, 06:28 PM   #15
+tickled pink+
Hullaboarder

*dro0l* needing that cd...now...must get it now!!!
Old July 21st, 2000, 06:34 PM   #16
Klubmasta Will
Hullaboarder

prodigy boy - matrix and optical are part of the same virus/metro recordings label. we don't know why they decided to send matrix instead. that's just how their tour worked out i guess. (lifeforce/syrous is providing the dnb talent so they are providing us with all the details.)

matrix is definitely on the same talent level as optical. check out their website for more info: www.neurofunk.com/place_to_be/

cheers,

Klubmasta Will
Old July 21st, 2000, 06:47 PM   #17
SketchLobster
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to SketchLobster Send a message via AIM to SketchLobster Send a message via Yahoo to SketchLobster
I'll be there.
If only to see the usual fuck-ups who decide any large event with loud electronica is a good time to dose E hahaha

"There they are! Quick, poke em' with flaming sticks!"

SketchLobsterJay.
The original crustacean king.
Old July 21st, 2000, 07:22 PM   #18
Lite Sabre
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to Lite Sabre
I'll be there too.

SketchLobster, have you been mocking me with your quotes?

"No one assaults me with impunity."

Lite Sabre
Old July 21st, 2000, 08:46 PM   #19
RuDe_GaL
Hullaboarder

Nice....Bad Boy Bill!
Whoop whoop
Old July 21st, 2000, 09:47 PM   #20
Hansome B. Wonderfull
Hullaboarder

Smile

Hmmmmm...

Shouldn't this be in the other events section?

*Tisk Tisk* Bad adminastrator!

Well I will be their for sure! They better not sell out the CD's before I get one!
Old July 22nd, 2000, 03:05 AM   #21
SketchLobster
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to SketchLobster Send a message via AIM to SketchLobster Send a message via Yahoo to SketchLobster
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Lite Sabre:
I'll be there too.

SketchLobster, have you been mocking me with your quotes?

"No one assaults me with impunity."

Lite Sabre
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

"Poke Poke"

SketchLobsterJay.
The original crustacean king.

Old July 22nd, 2000, 05:00 AM   #22
Munchkin
Hullaboarder

Journal Entries: 17 View Users Journal
Send a message via ICQ to Munchkin
I am so coming 2 this!! I don't care if My manager gives me sheit for not working on a Toonie Tuesday!!! I've worked too many Toonie Tuesday'z already and have never booked one off but this one is too important.

Hey Will Can we go 2 the City Council meeting about the rave issue on August 2nd like last time? just 2 support? Just wondering.

Munchkin
Old July 22nd, 2000, 06:02 AM   #23
PyRos420
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to PyRos420
I wouldn't suggest dancing in that "water" at all, who knows what's in it.... uggh.... Yeah, net meet people! , go the net meet thread for info. woo! Net Meet! Who's goin to the preparty?

Adios,
PyRos420

-peace-

~Keep Burnin' Up Those Beats~
Old July 22nd, 2000, 01:38 PM   #24
*~BlUeAnGeL~*
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to *~BlUeAnGeL~*
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ProdigyBoy:
PPS:some one, plz sample the "FOOT LOOSE" movie speach to the town council on dancing. =)<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

hahaha omg.. i have the movie at home (not mine, im borrowing it ) That movie kicks ass and they should play the speech for them.

ohhh I want that CD! I'm gonna pick one up for sure. I'm so excited about the party and the net meets. =)

MeL

p.s i dont think ill be able to go to the after party though bc i have school during the week. WHaa.. *whimper*

Old July 22nd, 2000, 02:02 PM   #25
ProdigyBoy
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to ProdigyBoy
ok will,
yeah i got np with the change of the dj's was just currious . il make the change when i tell ppl the line up then.

blue angel,
right on ...i remember always loving the song from when it 1st came out and the dancing scenes. i couldnt remember the story or speech until i saw it on TV last month again. hehe maybe il just steal the bible quotes he used. im looking for the speech online. =)

later,
Cameorn Bay.

PS: im guessing i cant buy the CD with all my gift certificates from Sunrise and HMV i have collected up(?). eek everything there i get of napster, and the 1 cd i want to get now probally wont be there.