The HullaBoard  

Go Back   The HullaBoard > Other Stuff > Politics & Media > Articles (Toronto)
User Name
Password
Home Forum Gallery Arcade Journals FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old January 25th, 2001, 12:17 PM   #1
SpunkyKittie
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to SpunkyKittie
This is from my local paper in whitby:

Two Overdose at bar

Oshawa--Police are investigating after two 20 year old Ajax men overdosed on a liquid form of Ecstasy at an Oshawa pool hall and bar on Saturday.

Police and ambulance were called to Le Scratch, at Midtown Mall on John street at 12 50 am, after one patron collapsed near the bar.

While paramedics were working on the man inside, a friend of his passed out in a washroom, police said.

Police believe both men had consume a capsule of "G', the street name for Gamma Hudroxybutrate, also knowsn as liquid Ecstasy, the illegal 'designer drug' blamed for several fatal overdoses in recent years.

How does this make you feel? Is it right for the paper to relate "G'--which I have been warned many times is fatal and never share water etc with a stranger--to Ecstacy? I mean is liquid e really another name for G?
Please do tell....
Old January 25th, 2001, 07:20 PM   #2
CookieMonster@420
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to CookieMonster@420
Exclamation

It prolly is somewhere.... Cops hear one slang word in one place and assume that it is valid slang everywhere... As to why G would be called Liquid E i don't know, as they are not anywhere near chemically the same nor are they the same effect wise!
CandyKids4Life
PLUR4Ever
-James
Old January 27th, 2001, 04:11 AM   #3
DreameChilde
Hullaboarder

Jesus christ do people still call it liquid e?
Old March 8th, 2001, 12:20 AM   #4
Sara
Hullaboarder

Question

ok, I'm confused. what is G?? is it actually liquid E or is something else???
Old March 22nd, 2001, 07:41 PM   #5
HubaJube
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to HubaJube Send a message via MSN to HubaJube Send a message via Yahoo to HubaJube
G is nasty seawater tasting shit that people take for reasons unknown to me. I took it once, I though I was gonna puke from the taste. I thought I was gonna die from the way it made me feel. I would recommend listining to Tony De Vit's global underground/Live in Tel Aviv rather than doing G. TDV's sets are a drug in themselves.
Old March 23rd, 2001, 04:29 PM   #6
doctorteeth
Hullaboarder

Quote:
Originally posted by SpunkyKittie
This is from my local paper in whitby:

Two Overdose at bar

Oshawa--Police are investigating after two 20 year old Ajax men overdosed on a liquid form of Ecstasy at an Oshawa pool hall and bar on Saturday. [...]

How does this make you feel? Is it right for the paper to relate "G'--which I have been warned many times is fatal and never share water etc with a stranger--to Ecstacy?

this article is nothing more than shoddy and deliberately manipulative reporting, pure and simple. the only reason the word "ecstasy" is used is to help sell the story, and by extension the paper. the paper business is maybe the second-most cynical there is. after politics.
unfortunately, this sloppy, abusive reporting is everywhere and it only adds further fuel to the already misguided 'war on raves.'

-the doctor is [OUT]-

Old April 8th, 2001, 03:03 PM   #7
~*kErbiE*~
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to ~*kErbiE*~
that's really ghetto....how is G - liquid E...i was unaware of this....has this been going on for a long time

Karlene
"DUHHH"
Old April 27th, 2001, 08:32 AM   #8
ecstasy riot
I'm special

they do that kind of stuff, it sucks they can get away with it.
*shucks*
Old April 27th, 2001, 11:00 AM   #9
eLECTRONIC pROGRESSION
Hullaboarder

Unhappy amusing

what i find kinda amusing is the fact that this happenned in a bar nowhere near a 'rave'.

i wouldn't doubt that some would still associate this unfortunate accident with the fact that raves still occur!!!

and i agree w/ dr. teeth, if someone would have overdosed on vitamin, they'd just label it as a new, chewable form of E.

how absurd!!!

-the pong
Old May 16th, 2001, 10:57 AM   #10
ScottEE 2 HottEE
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to ScottEE 2 HottEE Send a message via MSN to ScottEE 2 HottEE
G is BAD!

I will never do G

and I suggest you guys not ever do it either

It's terrible

I've had a friend wind up in the hospital because of this shit and now this?

It may be called "liquid e" but no where in G is any sort of mdma found.

It's just a name. E = Ecstacy. Ecstacy doesn't always refer to the drug. It's just a word to express pure goodness. Therefore if you're not referring to the drug E, than yeah, you could call anything "liquid e" if it does good.

If I had it my way, I'd call alcohol "liquid e"

So yeah, point being, don't do G. It's terrible for you.
Old May 21st, 2001, 11:08 PM   #11
Eternal_Child
Hullaboarder

Send a message via AIM to Eternal_Child Send a message via Yahoo to Eternal_Child
Angry

okay, so if anyone ever sees the dateline shows where they bash raves, it is the same type of thing. the police, media, etc....seems like they are on a mission to make ecstacy out to be this horrible drug. i live in NY, and i go to parties all over new england. most of the parties i go to there is a big ass security dude who goes through my bag, and then there are cops everywhere you look, INSIDE the venue.

what i am trying to say, somewhere along the way, it stopped being about the love for people and the love for music. seems like more and more people are just going for the drugs (which they can't handle, and then OD). i just want to know what happened here......you know? the media really distorts the whole scene. they make it out to be some huge drug frenzy. AND MAYBE IT IS FOR SOME PEOPLE (and there is nothing wrong with that)......but there is so much more behind it. the high i get when i am dancing all night to a sweet beat keeps me coming back. we gotta stay together in this......i love all of you! huggles and smoooochies, i am out......

PLUR

PS i agree with everyone else, stay away from the G.....some people are taking it because it is told it is liquid e. any promoter i know would throw someone out who was dealing g at their party. it just makes the scene look shady and just plain bad.
Old May 29th, 2001, 04:52 PM   #12
termeric
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to termeric Send a message via AIM to termeric
the G sux

G isnt that good for you, but neither is E, i have to say drugs as a whole are shitty, i still partake in the marijuana now and then, but other then that im clean. drugs fuck you up, there is no proving that wrong. im not saying they should be illegal, but they sure as hell arent as harmless as everyone thinks. any way, who the hell cares what the media is saying, they are just out for a juicy story, and E is hot now a days, think about it, a few years a go almost no one knew what E was, now you have every frat boy and raver wannabe running around saying shit like, "damn i got these rolls and they were the dopiest shit man, then when i was rollin, i hooked up with these two bitches, god damn, i love e." and because every dumb ass frat kid is buying pills, skeevy people everywhere are cuting pills with shit like ajax, or drano, or feces. so more people are getting real fucked up, ODing, dying, etc, which gets the attention of the man, and the media, and the media is just after juicy stories, casue thats what sells.

peace

[[ i might have made a few exagerations there ]]