Go Back   The HullaBoard > Other Stuff > Politics & Media
User Name
Password
Home Forum Gallery Arcade Journals FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old November 11th, 2001, 06:30 PM   #1
Rainbow Brit-E
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to Rainbow Brit-E
Unhappy Why are we doing this to ourseleves?

I was @ Hulla last night and had an absolute blast... But one part of it made me so sad and I need to talk to everyone about it.
Why do people do such an excessive amount of drugs that they don't even realize they are @ a party anymore? I know we have all discussed this but it's obviously not getting through. I partied sober for pretty much all of the night and I think I am scared off drugs forever.
I was talking to a boy that I had met through a friend who was completely coherent and aware. We were chatting, hugging and I gave him a braclet... all of a sudden he grabs my hand and starts falling, convulsing on the floor... I'm not sure if it was an OD or cieszure (it had all the signs) but it made my heart cry. I can't understand why people get so beoynd the point of high that they are risking thieir lives just to feel out of it.
I'm not trying to preach at all....I mean my apiphany to rave sober has come quite recently but I need everyone to think about this.
All I was thinking when the sweet boy hit the floor was how he was on what most of us were and maybe it was to an excessive amount but we were taking things that could cause this... could cause our friends so much pain, and could cost us our life. I'm begging all of you to re examine your drug use and start to wonder if you raved sober would you have as much fun? I know I can and thats why this post isn't about Hulla being my last rave. Please people, responsibilty thats all I'm asking. I know accidents happen but you know well that more then 2 hits of E for almost everyone is too much.... your body can't take it and it has to last far beoynd when you stop partying.
Know your limits and if you are already high please don't keep taking more, chances are it's no gonna work and it is just going to make you sick.
People like Chris have worked so hard for us to keep our scene alive and we can't kill it by killing ourseleves with excessive amounts of chemicals. Have fun and be careful is all I am saying. Really, please stop and think 'cuz wehat scares me the most is that really... it could have been almost all of us on that floor...grabbing for someone to help, not sure what was going to happen to him, not quite sure why he did this to himself......

I don't think I will have the image of that wonderful boy who just made a mistake, out of my head probably, forever.... I just don't ever want to see that again... I don't ever want to have to hold one of you while you shake uncontrollably.... this may fall on deaf ears or people who think they can 'handel it' but really... last night proves to me some people just can't.... and how can you enjoy a party if you barely even know your there?

Peace, Love, Unity, Respect, and please people...RESPONSIBILTY
Old November 11th, 2001, 07:18 PM   #2
CandyGirl23
Hullaboarder

Send a message via AIM to CandyGirl23 Send a message via MSN to CandyGirl23
I just want to add to this.... I haven't been partying very long, but at nearly every party I've been to there have been people collapsing from taking too many drugs/not drinking enough water/drinking too much alcohol while dancing a lot. At my second party ever, a kid had a seizure much like your friend did...and all he'd had that night was one pill. It makes you think and wonder a lot. I am not always sober at parties, but I always have fun regardless of any chemicals, and I am planning on staying away from them for quite a while. I just wish we weren't all teenagers with the invincible mindset. People don't realize how much E increases your blood pressure and heart rate, they just know it dehydrates you... if your blood pressure gets too high it can cause a stroke, which in turn can cause death. E can do that to you... it's a scary thought. I hope everyone remembers it. Parties are supposed to be safe places for us to go have a good time, listen to awesome dj's and dance to awesome music. It is too bad people want to escape reality so often, because a lot of raves are the best times I've ever had... and the best ones I've been completely sober at.
CandyGirl23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 11th, 2001, 07:48 PM   #3
Jibbernaut
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to Jibbernaut
People are always going to be doing chems whether in small, average, or lethal dosages. And obviously, there will be casualties. Its inevitable. Its unfortunate you had to witness something like you did firsthand, but thats the price you pay for attending a drug infested eutopia for the young and weak minded, also known as of course, a RAVE.

Live and learn.
Jibbernaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 11th, 2001, 08:00 PM   #4
face2face
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to face2face
I find it really funny when people tell me they get bored if they go to a party sober....and boy have I head that a lot of times. It makes my wonder why they are even going to parties in the first place.
face2face is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 11th, 2001, 09:35 PM   #5
Rainbow Brit-E
Hullaboarder

Quote:
Originally posted by Jibbernaut
People are always going to be doing chems whether in small, average, or lethal dosages. And obviously, there will be casualties. Its inevitable. Its unfortunate you had to witness something like you did firsthand, but thats the price you pay for attending a drug infested eutopia for the young and weak minded, also known as of course, a RAVE.

Live and learn.

No one should have to pay 'this price' for attending a rave. And I'm actually offended and hurt by your heartless and rude statement. (I know it shouldn't matter 'cuz I don't know you are care to but I in no way deserved seeing that and no one does) And why the hell are you posting on a RAVE board if only to insult them? I hope to god that someone cares about you enough that if u ever got really drunk/high/sick that they would care enough about you to try to help prevent it from happening again, 'cuz I'd do it for anyone, but after that comment, not you.

Last edited by Rainbow Brit-E : November 11th, 2001 at 09:40 PM.
Rainbow Brit-E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 11th, 2001, 10:16 PM   #6
Jibbernaut
Hullaboarder

Oooooooooooooooh, you wouldnt help me.

I'm so hurt.
Pshaa.

NEXT.
Old November 11th, 2001, 10:40 PM   #7
Kemical`Supreme
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to Kemical`Supreme
its important to know your limits, but remember that people may enjoy the same drugs on different level than you. I think ones decission to do drugs should be as respected as someones decission not to. I could party sober, because i LOVE the music, however if i choose to do Kems and spend the evening dancing alone in my own world i dont want to be looked down upon.
Kemical`Supreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 11th, 2001, 10:47 PM   #8
BeckyBoo
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to BeckyBoo
uhhhhhhh

I kinda have to agree with Jibbernaut even though he's a geek.(HI DAN BUDDY HOW ARE YOU?)

"I partied sober for pretty much all of the night."

Don't do drugs.
When you take drugs they can kill you.
If you can't stay out all night without drugs, then go home.
If you don't find raves fun without taking drugs, then find a new hobby.

What happened to you is unfortunate, and it's good that you have decided to re think your drug use - but what you saw goes on at every party maybe you just never noticed it before.

BECKY
BeckyBoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 11th, 2001, 10:54 PM   #9
BeckyBoo
Hullaboarder

dear god

Hey buddy, I look down on you because you do kems. I mean, if you want to get fucked up in the privacy of your own home then more power to you, but when you go to a public event and get messed up you are effecting other people's good time. I don't like people who are insanely messed up (AND SWEATY), eyes rolling back in their head hugging me and telling me they love me.

Drug use is a personal choice, blah blah blah blah. I don't care. If I have to be subjected to people acting like morons, then I get to comment all I want.

BECKY
Old November 11th, 2001, 11:12 PM   #10
Rainbow Brit-E
Hullaboarder

Re: uhhhhhhh

Quote:
Originally posted by BeckyBoo
I kinda have to agree with Jibbernaut even though he's a geek.(HI DAN BUDDY HOW ARE YOU?)

"I partied sober for pretty much all of the night."

Don't do drugs.
When you take drugs they can kill you.
If you can't stay out all night without drugs, then go home.
If you don't find raves fun without taking drugs, then find a new hobby.

What happened to you is unfortunate, and it's good that you have decided to re think your drug use - but what you saw goes on at every party maybe you just never noticed it before.

BECKY

My decision to party sober came after this event.... and yes I did use at this party and no I don't plan on it at the next one. I can say out all night without drugs (that may have been a genral statement for everyone).
And I have seen it at many parties just not up close & personal.
And what part of Jibbernaut's staement did u agree with? That I somehow deserved to go through something truamatic because I wanted to go to a rave and have fun? I don't agree with you 2 but your intitled.... I'm not naive or ignorant... and this thread wasn't "EVERYONE BE SOBER NOW, I SAW AN OD" it was just an opiion i had on something that you both obviously don't understand.

NEXT
Old November 11th, 2001, 11:53 PM   #11
BeckyBoo
Hullaboarder

kjhklhj

I agree with his point that if you go to a rave where drug use is more than common you should expect to SEE that drug use and the results of it.

If you go to a farm you see barn yard animals.
If you go to a rave you see people fucked on drugs.

THAT IS HOW IT WORKS.

Becky
Old November 12th, 2001, 12:10 AM   #12
CandyGirl23
Hullaboarder

Send a message via AIM to CandyGirl23 Send a message via MSN to CandyGirl23
Wow... this thread has gotten harsh! I am curious if you think drugs are an integral part of the rave culture? All dj's I know agree that the rave scene should be about the music and NOT the drugs. It is far too sad that a few individuals who choose to flat out kill themselves slowly or quickly with large quantities of drugs are destroying the scene. I am new to it, I don't know what the old days were like.... I have only been to 1 hulla and the rest of the raves I've been to were in clubs. Yes, there were drugs at all of them. However, the best parties aside from Hulla did not have many drugs and just had incredible dj's and an incredible vibe. I don't live in toronto so I do not have as many chances to see world class talent, but I know I would love to see the drugs leave the scene and the people who rely on them for fun at a party can invite people to their houses and play mix-tapes all night. I would prefer not to see any friends in the hospital or dead from using too many drugs!!
CandyGirl23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 12th, 2001, 12:47 AM   #13
~*~pRiNcEsS juLiA~*~
Hullaboarder

Question Question

So.... Does anyone know what happened to this boy???

Did he get taken out of the party by emergency officials?
Does anyone know him / or know if he is okay??

We really don't need anymore bad things to happen in our scene, there have been enough already in the last few years. Especially for Chris.

God help this boy!

LiVe LiFe... duNt LeT LiFe LiVe yEw
~*~pRiNcEsS juLiA~*~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 12th, 2001, 01:33 AM   #14
Mirage
Hullaboarder

E alternatives

I too would feel more secure about the scene if ppl could stop overdoing themselves at events.I know alot of ravers out there whose use of E is only on special occasions. You can just as easily conjure up the same feelings with a good vibe or happy thoughts.I've found that I have just as much fun with lesser
consequence by taking caffeine, or Addoral, which
creates many the same effects as E but isn't so overwhelming
or dangerous.
Mirage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 12th, 2001, 01:44 AM   #15
Rainbow Brit-E
Hullaboarder

Re: Question

Quote:
Originally posted by ~*~pRiNcEsS juLiA~*~
So.... Does anyone know what happened to this boy???

Did he get taken out of the party by emergency officials?
Does anyone know him / or know if he is okay??

We really don't need anymore bad things to happen in our scene, there have been enough already in the last few years. Especially for Chris.

God help this boy!

The paramedics took him away
I know him, not really well so I've e mailed his best friends and hope to hear soon.
I'll tell you what I know asap
Old November 12th, 2001, 10:14 AM   #16
RoB-B
Hullaboarder

Photos: 2  Users Photo Gallery
Send a message via ICQ to RoB-B
Re: dear god

Quote:
Hey buddy, I look down on you because you do kems. I mean, if you want to get fucked up in the privacy of your own home then more power to you, but when you go to a public event and get messed up you are effecting other people's good time. I don't like people who are insanely messed up (AND SWEATY), eyes rolling back in their head hugging me and telling me they love me.

Drug use is a personal choice, blah blah blah blah. I don't care. If I have to be subjected to people acting like morons, then I get to comment all I want.

BECKY

so you judge people by what they do and not who they are?
sad
im not taking sides here, BUT
i suggest if you dont like people who do drugs and get insainely messed up and sweaty bother you, then dont go to raves anymore.

Drugs are a big part of raves, im not saying its right, but its reality. If you dont like it, dont go. Cause its never going to change.
Parties are fun without drugs,m drugs just inhance it and bring the experience to another level, this is why a fair share of people enjoy raves so much.

Last edited by RoB-B : November 12th, 2001 at 10:18 AM.
RoB-B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 12th, 2001, 10:15 AM   #17
~*~pRiNcEsS juLiA~*~
Hullaboarder

okay thanks hon!
~*~pRiNcEsS juLiA~*~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 12th, 2001, 10:36 AM   #18
Kemical`Supreme
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to Kemical`Supreme
-Becky, you dont even know me, like i said, i have fun partyin sober, but i also have fun partyin on kems. maybe you should talk with someone before you look down on them. and for your information, people do kems without "acting like morons" theres no need to stereotype everyone who chooses to do kems, if you are going to be like that, then i will do kems for the sole purpose of keeping you away from me
Kemical`Supreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 12th, 2001, 11:56 AM   #19
Jibbernaut
Hullaboarder

Re: dear god

Quote:
I don't like people who are insanely messed up (AND SWEATY), eyes rolling back in their head hugging me and telling me they love me.

I LOVE YOU.

GIVE ME A HUG. I LOVE YOU.
Old November 12th, 2001, 12:35 PM   #20
~^^OpTiMuS pRiMe^^~
Hullaboarder

Quote:
Originally posted by Jibbernaut
Oooooooooooooooh, you wouldnt help me.

I'm so hurt.
Pshaa.

NEXT.

Grow up, worm!
~^^OpTiMuS pRiMe^^~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 12th, 2001, 12:54 PM   #21
~^^OpTiMuS pRiMe^^~
Hullaboarder

Re: kjhklhj

Quote:
I agree with his point that if you go to a rave where drug use is more than common you should expect to SEE that drug use and the results of it.

If you go to a farm you see barn yard animals.

THAT IS HOW IT WORKS.

Becky

First of all... I love the parallell you've so unintelligently created relating barn yard animals to party kids.
It is truly unfortunate what happened to this young man, and what makes things worse, is that he did it to himself. But, you can not label parties as "gatherings for the fucked".
A high percentage of the people at raves have ingested some sort of energy-boosting stimulant, whether it be Xenadrine they purchased at GNC, or some "stuff" they bought off some guy outside. Regardless, people go to raves to have a good time, and to experience a certain utopia that only good people, and good music can create.
That being said, I do think there is a certain point when you have done too much stuff on one night, and unfortunately, a lot of people do not see that fine line, and cross it, thus, giving all us partiers a bad name.

It's a rave, we've all come here for one reason... To listen to the music, dance, and have fun! If someone gets hurt in the meantime, I'd think that there are enough good people out there to stop, and help... not criticize, and analyze.

PLUR
~^^OpTiMuS pRiMe^^~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 12th, 2001, 01:40 PM   #22
Rainbow Brit-E
Hullaboarder

Exclamation

Thankfully the boy is ok.... the ciezure was caused by an OD. He was released by the hospital @ 2 the next day and driven home. Party safe everyone, Peace
Old November 12th, 2001, 01:54 PM   #23
Nubbie
Hullaboarder

Photos: 2  Users Photo Gallery
Send a message via ICQ to Nubbie Send a message via MSN to Nubbie
Rob-B's the mang

I completley agree with his statement about drugs (Including alcohol and mary-jane) enhance the atmosphere abit. They also help people loosen up and forget about things for a night.

They're not necessarily everyone's cup of tea, but why should anyone care if someone is high or drunk but can still conduct themselves in an orderly manner? As long as they're not in a position of emmenant death and are having fun, why should your or my bias to them being 'intoxicated' really have any baring on the situation?

Besides, playing with the really high people is fun when you have one hand and can do really neato tricks with it.

-=Nub=-
Nubbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 12th, 2001, 02:01 PM   #24
BeckyBoo
Hullaboarder

OH GOD PART II

"i suggest if you dont like people who do drugs and get insainely messed up and sweaty bother you, then dont go to raves anymore.

Drugs are a big part of raves, im not saying its right, but its reality. If you dont like it, dont go. Cause its never going to change."

PREREQUISITES FOR ATTENDING RAVES:
1) You must like people who use drugs.
2) You must like people who get insanely fucked on drugs.
3) You must like sweaty people who use drugs.

Uhhhhhhhh COME AGAIN?

Also how am I comparing ravers to barn yard animals?! I was simply making the point that you should EXPECT to see drug use @ parties much like you'd expect to see barn yard animals at a farm. You're simply reading too much into it. I will rephrase so no one cries.

If you go to a grocery store you see groceries

THAT IS HOW IT WORKS.

(PLEASE NOTE: I am not comparing ravers to groceries).

AND THE LAST POINT: I'm not sterotyping people who like getting messed up on chemical drugs, I am simply stating fact. I have never seen anyone who was messed up on drugs look COOL or HIP or like they were having fun. People fucked up on drugs look RIDICULOUS. They sometimes look like they are going to die. They sometimes look like they are going to vomit on me. Sometimes they look confused. They look like they are going to fall over. If you need drugs to have fun, then that is a shame for you, and you've got my pity.

BECKY
Old November 12th, 2001, 03:43 PM   #25
*sExsiE bonKa*
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to *sExsiE bonKa*
Thumbs down Re: OH GOD PART II

Quote:
"i suggest if you dont like people who do drugs and get insainely messed up and sweaty bother you, then dont go to raves anymore.

Drugs are a big part of raves, im not saying its right, but its reality. If you dont like it, dont go. Cause its never going to change."

PREREQUISITES FOR ATTENDING RAVES:
1) You must like people who use drugs.
2) You must like people who get insanely fucked on drugs.
3) You must like sweaty people who use drugs.

Uhhhhhhhh COME AGAIN?

Also how am I comparing ravers to barn yard animals?! I was simply making the point that you should EXPECT to see drug use @ parties much like you'd expect to see barn yard animals at a farm. You're simply reading too much into it. I will rephrase so no one cries.

If you go to a grocery store you see groceries

THAT IS HOW IT WORKS.

(PLEASE NOTE: I am not comparing ravers to groceries).

AND THE LAST POINT: I'm not sterotyping people who like getting messed up on chemical drugs, I am simply stating fact. I have never seen anyone who was messed up on drugs look COOL or HIP or like they were having fun. People fucked up on drugs look RIDICULOUS. They sometimes look like they are going to die. They sometimes look like they are going to vomit on me. Sometimes they look confused. They look like they are going to fall over. If you need drugs to have fun, then that is a shame for you, and you've got my pity.

BECKY

girl u blow hardcore...whatever the FUCK is up ure ass, just go to the hopital's emergency room and have it removed and i'm shure u'll feel a hell of alot better...drugs were never SUCH a big part of the rave scene...it's actually just recently when these cool dude bud gino studs decided to bring their ugly asses (no offense to any ginos out there) and their "real" E into the partiE scene...
#1. a club with beats is where a gino belongs...either that or coffee time in woodbridge with their souped up civics and momo phreakin rims....
#2. their sweat mixed the gel in their hair causes the floor to become extra slippery therefore causing us poor ravers to fall down and hurt ourselves.....

that's not what this is about...ginos....ewwwwwww...anyways, we are the ones who support the sales of E and K and crystal...if we buy these drugs we should be responsible and know how much to take and know not to buy it off some strange person...just cause they're dressed Kandy dont mean they is a Kandy kid...my b/f od'd on one E and a line of jib...since i saw him...shaking, eyes rolling back in his head, foam coming out of his mouth, his heart was going so fast.....i dont have the desire to even smoke a joint n e more....to conclude this i just wanna say that we are responsible for our own actions but half the shit we do at partiEs we should be more aware of...just cause we're at a partiE doesnt mean that we can let go and nothing will happen....cause if u think like this then something will happen....keep a clear head and use ure brain...please.....partiE safe ppl...peace