The HullaBoard  

Go Back   The HullaBoard > Hullabaloo Events > Archives (read-only) > 'For Those Who Know'
User Name
Password
Home Forum Gallery Arcade Journals FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old December 5th, 1999, 06:44 AM   #1
elixir
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to elixir
Damn sweet party tonight, It felt so good to see so many sober ravers and intellectual people.. It felt nice to beable to have wicked conversation OPEN conversation with so many people!! I had a blast tonight, And So did Brenda "lefreak"

I can't say how much it means to me to see people coming out to parties as them selves.. not this over populated, commercial "it's hip to be a raver" scene.. We showd them all.. a party the way it was meant to be! good people good friends and damn fine music!!!

Thanks again, and I look forward to meeting you all and having the pleassure to mix for you!

Thanks again

Jory / aka elixir
Brenda / aka LeFreak
www.webonix.com/filter

P.s. please go to our " www.webonix.com/filter " and take a momment to fill in or post your thoughts on our web board!!! / live chat!

Also check out members.aol.com/lefreak9/main.html

its pretty damn boring right now. Im going to add some Real Audio of my new tape, and also going to add some samples of some graphics ive done.
Old December 5th, 1999, 09:34 AM   #2
Everybodies_Daddy
Hullaboarder

Photos: 8  Users Photo Gallery
Journal Entries: 25 View Users Journal
Send a message via ICQ to Everybodies_Daddy
Cool

I agree.... much better than the last Hulla...

Quite a throwdown, that Mr Frolic n d Vynilgroover... only where did EbyGum go? He dissappeared halfway through the set!

Intense party... wicked vibe, great music, and just the right crowd.... including my speaker fucking crew.... Scoot, Niro, Electra..... HARDCORE!!!

Edaddy
Old December 5th, 1999, 10:31 AM   #3
PHunPHur
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to PHunPHur
Talking

OK BEST HULLLA I BEEN TO YET... its better noe that its now advertised it brings bakt he original crew of hull agin!! awesome parti frolic...
wikked tunes
wikked sound
wikked venue
wikked could go on forever but i stop after saying EVERYTHING was wikked.... met tons of hullaboard peeps

on a sad note however i did lose mah book wif alla your guys signings in it... its white background wif tigger on it and says 'bounce' at the bottom of the cover
all of my contact info is in that books front cover if anyone comes across it plz call or cantact me to arrange sumfing to return it

THANKS

PHunPHur
Old December 5th, 1999, 11:11 AM   #4
dieznyik
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to dieznyik
Talking

argh... very tired... going to sleep... very much enjoyed the music in room 2 from about 9 to 10:30, everything else was sort of mush for me... staying a bit late kicked ass, thanx for the tape mrs frolic! so sweet that someone was playing trance from their car for a good 30 mins+ after...

again, *thanx* for playin blue fear jory made my night.. h13 was pretty much what i expected it to be: messy, filled with one half excellent stupendous people that kick major ass... one half sketchy e-tards that were the inspiration for that hit song "things that make you go hmm"... more later, if i feel any extra commentary could be welcomed... byee
Old December 5th, 1999, 12:08 PM   #5
plurette
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to plurette
wow,
what an interesting nite,
although i only stayed until 2 am (which was good because i was soo tired, and i have skating today so yah) i had a really good time, except for the constant screamin' in the chill our tent arg "SHUT THE FUCK UP!!"
omg that was just really anoying,
and that big guy in the chill out tent wiff the yellow tube top on *shivers* NO MY VIRGIN EYES! *hides be hind mr christie*

but ya,
it was too funnie, the whole time everyone is like "wheres the net meet?" and i mean, honestly the whole thing for me was a net meet, the boarders seemed to migrate around together, first we were on the dance floor, then we were by the numb both getting pics takin' by will (thanks so much hun!) and then we were all in the chill out room (and iono after that coz i went home)...
you do realize that we are all a bunch of stuck up elitists don't you?
boarder "are you on the boards?"
raver "no..."
boarder "pfft, well, okay then... bye..."

its so true, there's so much more to talk about when you meet someone from the boards then when you don't!!!

much respect and thanks to those peeps who helped me celebrate ma birthday party, you know i love you guyz:
raveen, cuggy, cap't fnord, cheer bear, sawa, sean, andy, kevin, adam, mr christie, glosticker, rowan, chris(thanks fer letting me in!!!), jory, basic, frodo, warlock, etc etc...
ugh there's soo many, you guyz are wikid!

*hugz*
Tamarra~JediCrew Prod.

and thanks again to the man, chris!
Old December 5th, 1999, 01:11 PM   #6
Wi|DSiDE
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to Wi|DSiDE
wuts up with that lake bah the washrooms..

that wuz just pure nastyness...
Old December 5th, 1999, 02:18 PM   #7
SkyhawK
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to SkyhawK
someone came to me and said there was a swimming pool, so I, being as gullable as I am asked where ???
yes...that lake in the hallway (consisting of toilet water & whatnot) was pretty ich...
but other than that, what a wicked wicked party
argh...I think it's time to get some sleep...
<yawn>
g'nite everyone...hope to see y'all @ the next Hulla...
cheers
<je suis the flight suit guy>
Old December 5th, 1999, 03:27 PM   #8
RaaVeN
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to RaaVeN Send a message via MSN to RaaVeN
Cool

i had such a great time!
(although it was hard to find room to dance sometimes)
thanks to all the people that made my night special, you know who you are
and to everyone else that i didn't know that contributed to the vibe

thanks again
j0e
Old December 5th, 1999, 03:59 PM   #9
supaster
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to supaster Send a message via AIM to supaster
Exclamation

Ok lemme just start off by saying that this party was amazing, it was by far the best hulla i have ever been to, and the best party overall that i have been to. The vibe was absolutly amazing. Everyone looked like they were having a great time. This music was wikked!! So much hardcore, *drool*. Certain tracks were repeated, but i didn't care, it just made me dance ever longer, hehe
Much respect to all those on the dance floor, i had a blast rippen up the place with u guys. "take me up up up and away!"
I met so many people off the various message boards, and u guys were so great. People were giving me presents like crazy.
One thing that sucked was: I NEVER FOUND MY SECRET SANTA PARTNER. So now that hulla is over, DURN! if i ever see u at another party, i'll give u ur present.
Everyone seemed to get a kick out of my gloves (i was the guy with the boxing gloves on) so i think i'll wear them more often.
Ok thats enough, i'm quite tired now.
Thanks again to everyone who made my night a great one.

Much love and respect

Supaster
Old December 5th, 1999, 04:32 PM   #10
J_ACiD
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to J_ACiD
hmmmmmmmmmm....hulla......*drool*
this party had by far tha best vibe i've ever experienced!!! everyone was so nice and smiley

there were NO THUGZ, and noone gave noone tha bad looks.

music was solid, although there wasnt enough jungle and [dark] hardcore

tha sound was pretty loud and stuff but there was TOO MUCH bass so tha jungle didn't sound that good
my favourite jungle song of all time was rewinded though, so it kinda made up for it

yeah, that lake near tha washrooms was fucked up. i heard that it's cause there was a crack in tha cealing, tha rain water got inside
my feet was sooo wet.

INDIGLO, where tha heck were you?? i was at our meeting spot at 1am exactly and you wasnt there.... darn... now we gonna have to wait for anotha party to meet up bro.

...ok.. i seen flex spin at spincat on Nov.19, and didnt like it at all.. but HOLY SHIT, HIS SET JUST BLEW ME AWAY THIS TIME!!!! OH my fu**in GOd, probably tha best set for tha night..

blah i'm so tired and not makin sense.. whateva
back to sleep now
Old December 5th, 1999, 04:56 PM   #11
Pineapple
Hullanewbie

Send a message via ICQ to Pineapple
Hey, this was my first Hullabaloo and I had a grrrrreat time. Did anyone catch Marty's set? It was sweet. As was Vinylgroover's and Frolic's. . . Ahhh, Vinylgroover. . . It was nice meeting message-board people even though I barely post here so I don't any of you. For those of you who met me I am the little shy one in a white shirt with a pink bag who came with Tigger. If you recognize this description, hey, ICQ me! # 38738469.
Happy Hulla. I hope to come to another.

-Pineapple
Old December 5th, 1999, 05:33 PM   #12
Bear
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to Bear
What was with all the security kicking out the high people? Especially people they thought were 'too high' to stay in, kickin them into the dark, cold, rainy night away from paramedic attention isn't the best idea I've ever heard. I was standing by the door for 15 mins and I saw over 10 people get thrown out. I myself didn't get kicked out but I saw it happening and had to question it.

Also, why were tickets being sold at the door? Not just the 2% that weren't sold at the stores either, I saw a guy with a stack of over 200. :P

Otherwise I had a quite enjoyable sober time until, like I said, security exercised its facist power. :P

PLUR,
bear
Old December 5th, 1999, 05:52 PM   #13
KramericaIndustries
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to KramericaIndustries
Talking

elixer you rock man!
its Yit dood.

that partee was wicked!!!!

man, i had so much fun.. all the time at hullas, man theyre so fun!!

thanks to all the wicked partiers.. all the new people i met 8) !!!!!
did you see that dancing teletube on stage!? .. that guy/girl must have been boiling !!!!

hope yo see some of u again!?
[if your going to thr.. gimmie a shout !.. yit@mail.com].. later !!!!

yitArO
:0 :0

Old December 5th, 1999, 06:00 PM   #14
Birdiq_E
Hullaboarder

Talking

Hi ya sup all!

man I just woke up with a bad taste in my mouth and teeth hurting, and body aching but IT IS ALL WORTH IT!

hulla was amazing here's the lowdown:

I got there liek right when it opened at 9 and got in with no problems the secuirty were cool adn all, the club looked amazing some hype black lights in the main room (looked really cool with my white gloves!) hehe, the smaller room was pretty good too, nice couches and all, they were playing some wicked trance, house and breaks all night it was amazing in there.

man it was a great party i loved the hhc and especially the jungle that SPINZZZZZZZZZ played i tried to get teh crowd pretty pumped dancing around blowing my whistle and raising the roof and stuff, it worked to some effect.

overall good party, also it was cool that security left most of the doors open to have a good breeze. Oh yeah, i feel sorry for the mintenance crew who have to mop up the club especially after the foot deep lake that was coming out of the female bathroom hehehe

neways

PLUR TO THA MASSIVE

25416029(icq)
TP/Birdiq_E

Old December 5th, 1999, 06:22 PM   #15
addicted
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to addicted
Thumbs up

yeah!! the hulla vibe was back.
man we went through hell to get there, our car broke down just outside of milton and we had to get it towed to the canadian tire there, then we piled 7 people into a 2 door 4 seater sportscar and finally got to hulla
frisky and d-minus played all my fav. tracks!!!
vinylgroover and frolic were wikkid!!!!
i actually spent more time in the house/trance room than in the main room!!!
chris c. blew me away!!! brano and spice were amazing!!
pete, your set rocked!!! its too bad the security made you stop playing!!

*happy hullabaloo*
luv & respect
jess http://www.geocities.com/happy_hardcore_queen/
Old December 5th, 1999, 06:29 PM   #16
RaVeRGuY
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to RaVeRGuY
Thumbs up

OH MY GOD!!! Hullabaloo 13 last nite was absolutely fukkin' wikkid!!! Holy crap! This party makes it to my "best raves i've ever been to" at #1. Although I'm not such a happy hardcore fan, after last nite, I'm sure I'll be getting more into it. The venue was amazing....although too bad for that flood near the washrooms. I don't even wanna think about it. Anabolic Frolic vs. Vinylgroover....now that's what I call a wikkid performance. Hmmmm...did Spinz play for like 2 hours? Man..that was the shit!!!! Props go out to the Hulla kru for making this one of the most amazing nites of my life! =)

...:P.L.U.R:....
-JP
Old December 5th, 1999, 06:40 PM   #17
stargurl

Send a message via ICQ to stargurl
oooooh my i had an amazing time :]

thank you will for the picture:

i will write more later
Old December 5th, 1999, 06:42 PM   #18
mR_ChRisTiE
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to mR_ChRisTiE
Talking

yesh yesh!.. tis was a great fuckin party

hehe plurette!!!.. that guy came up to after and asked me to dance?... i was like... PLUR and ran away!. hahaa

yeah i was wondering where u went?

ahh the memories.. eheh faireeee.... finally met u!. heeh ur such a cutee!..

ahh getting fucked and sucked all nite!.. bhaahahah oh yesh... my bum bum hurts...

haha baby cuddles ur awesome to dance wit!

ahh can't tink! fuckin good party though...

awesome vibe.....

happy FUCKABALOO! heehe

[This message has been edited by mR_ChRisTiE (edited 12-05-1999).]
Old December 5th, 1999, 06:44 PM   #19
Durn
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to Durn
Talking

hulla 13 was my first party chem-free, and it was definitely different in that respect, I danced a LOT more than normal... but I found my willingness to talk was definitely downsized, I was super-tired though, been gettin' an average of 3 hours of sleep a night lately, so that prolly had a bit to do with it... how did everyone's secret santa thing turn out? I found Supaster by pure luck, was just dancing, turned around... looked at his nametag and was like, 'HEY! I've got a present for you!' anyone else actually do the SS? m'ah well, it was definitely a different yet thoroughly enjoyable experience for me, I didn't meet a friend that I had been hoping to meet however, and my gorilla slippers are now in the garbage because of Lake Hulla, ah well, shoes it is next time, later!

durn
Old December 5th, 1999, 07:41 PM   #20
Santa Guy
Hullanewbie

Smile

This was a wicked Party!!!! This more then made up for the last hullabaloo's bad venue. The place was awesome. There was even running water!! maybe too much cause of the lake near the washrooms.

I just wanna thank all the people who made ma party soo much fun. I dont dose, and it was good to see other people the same way. Sorry I didnt have enough Candycanes for everyone. Ill go as Santa to the next hulla and will make sure I bring a shit load so everyone can have some.

Hope to see you all at the next hulla!!!

Santa Guy (Im Santa with the teddybear and Red pants. Not one of the other Santa guys.hehehe)
Old December 5th, 1999, 07:49 PM   #21
dieznyik
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to dieznyik
Talking

lake hulla, heh..

one more thing: propz for having that hot dog guy in... i cant stand parties where i cant get a tasty meal in the middle of the night. i can't go a full 12 hours+ with no food [cuz i'm not putting vile chemicals into my system ]... those dogs were nice and spicy... probably all the snake meat in them!! nothing sucks more than a deep and empty feeling in the middle of a party. grr

and here's a cute irc quote:

<MntlFloz> I'd play at the 30 hour famine and just spin DJ Food tracks.
Old December 5th, 1999, 08:09 PM   #22
TiGgEr
Hullaboarder

Unhappy

Hey everybody, i gots bad news...

I lost my walltet at hulla, it has all muy ID in it and if someone found it please contact me..
i just want my id back.. and some of the personal stuff <phone numbers pics contact info> would be nice too!!!!
so puhlease! contact me if you find.

Daniel P Muirhead
826 Slocan Pl.
Kingston ON
K7P 1B4

1(613) 384-4396

ICQ# 15905924

Thanks..
and now onto the Party WOW!
all i have to say.. FAWKING AMAZING

i met capital J.. man your SET rocked.. and i don't even like jungle.
i think i like it now:> To frolic.. man.. amazing party.
Vinlygroover. DROOL.. i thinkmy drool was the cause of that lake!!!!!! heheheheh
yeah that was pretty sickening.
well GREAT parety. and......

HUGS TO ALL THE HULLA CREW awesome job!!
Old December 5th, 1999, 08:16 PM   #23
nytrick
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to nytrick
Smile

Yeah, What happened to E by Gum. I think I saw him trying to MC at the end of the night and he looked ill. Guess he had too much of the good stuff, whatever it may have been.

Oh, and big respects to the massive inevitable puddle between the two rooms!! My socks will never be white again
Old December 5th, 1999, 08:27 PM   #24
op|a
Hullaboarder

Thumbs up

for "those who know" or remember me... i used to post here back in the biginning of the summer and earlier than that...(rashelle)

I must say..i almost didn't go to h13 last night... i NEVER EVER go to big parties and wasn't ever planning on it...
but i must give all the props in the world to everyone that made hulla 13 such a great party!

Jory, your set was the only set i actually really danced to and heard well...and i must say..you always seem to kick ass...yoiur music made my worries for the rest of the night go away..
worries? cause since i've never been to a large party before, i was nervous like fawk cause i always hear such nasty shit that goes on...

yes, there was really NASTY like fawk shit that i saw last night in the back chillout room where i saw thugs giving out starburst candy to ravers that were already mashed and they could just take it not knowing what the f&*k could be in there and the hoes and their nasty deeds in the corners...but ANYHOOT...that was just wrong...

BUT..i must say..there sure was an amazing vibe in the tent and the trance room...even in the main room for a while yoiu could just really see how people were enjoying themselves so much..sober people..a lot more than i expected!PROPS TO THOSE PEOPLE!

props to jory(elixer), pete(subsonic chronic), spice(nice set ), mrs.frolic for the tape and i really thought the costumes was great and fun(even though i don't like teletubies ), it was so great to see old hullaboard people that i haven't seen in a long time...jared(nutbusta),mrhood(jay),sandy(jellybeen),and more but my minds a blank right now but you know who you are...and it was like a #toraves(IRC) meet in the tent for a while which was so nice to see just all my friends at a party together... considering i haven't partied since trancequake..(Which was the best party EVER)

yeah so there was a lake everywhere...that sucked...and i'm not used to such packed up parties that you can't find room to dance but for my only large party...i still had WAY more fun than i expected

this was also the first time that i could really just chill and party with my b/f(dieznyik)and not get irritable cause of idiots everywhere...there was a handfull of people that just made my night...they might not all be able to read this but...my good friend Bronwyn(thanks ), jay(mrhood)-i was so nice to see you again , steve(ejaw)he gave diez and i a ride home which was really nice of him, steve(sourbeats)you rock!, and well everyone's just been so wonderful!!!

thank you everyone for such an amazing time!
i just might consider to go to the next hulla...maaayybe..

mAd HuGz n' kIck ArSe viBEs to ALL!
op|a
(Rashelle...i was wearing a babyblue hat..blue funfur vest..beige kickgirls...crazy arsed stripped sweater with orange,yellow,blue,etc on it...for those who might remember me from previous smaller parties wearing a red STOXX hat./..60inch kahki pants and usually a hoodie or sumfin'...narf.)

Old December 5th, 1999, 08:28 PM   #25
Mr. NiCe GuY

Send a message via ICQ to Mr. NiCe GuY
TiGgEr, I'd hate to burst yer bubble but Capital J didn't spin at hulla, you might be confused with Spinz, he did however spin at hulla.

-MNG