The HullaBoard  

Go Back   The HullaBoard > Hullabaloo Events > Archives (read-only) > Make Believe
User Name
Password
Home Forum Gallery Arcade Journals FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old February 2nd, 2002, 03:40 AM   #1
anabolic frolic
Administrator

Photos: 125  Users Photo Gallery
Journal Entries: 5 View Users Journal
Advice from those coming in from out of town for the first time...

I wrote this in response to an email I got from an American flying in for the first time in Toronto and thought I'd repost it here so that it might be of help for other people.

If anyone has anything they'd like to add (from personal experience or otherwise) please feel free to respond.

----------------------

Hi, the venue for the party is called The Opera House which is located near downtown Toronto. The airport is on the west side of the city. so you'll need to get from there to closer downtown. There are airport shuttle buses which will take you to a variety of
hotels/locations downtown for around $25 (canadian). A taxi will cost about $40. I think there's also TTC (toronto transit) for much cheaper, and that will involve taking a bus, and then transfering to the subway. That'll be an adventure but much cheaper (Totally safe though, toronto is a very safe city). I found a link to their website:

http://www.city.toronto.on.ca/ttc/s..._to_airport.htm

I recommend you stay at a hotel somewhere during your stay. The Days Inn in Downtown Toronto (30 Carlton St) (Daysinn.com for reservations) (Subway stops right near it (the college/carleton street stop) can be booked for about $100 canadian a night. The Opera House is less than $10 from most downtown hotels. There is also a 24 hour street car which runs down Queen St (one of the bigger streets here) from downtown to right in front of the venue.

Here is a mapquest link to the venue:

http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.ad...=69&submit.y=12

The Opera House also has a website:

http://www.theoperahousetoronto.com

I also recommend http://www.toronto.com for looking up stuff.
Old February 9th, 2002, 03:55 PM   #2
Mikie
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to Mikie
or you can always go to the eaton centre and walk up and down queen street your bound tomeet some friendly people that wll guide ya the ways and you can chill with before hand and stuff..

we don't bite!
Old February 10th, 2002, 05:20 PM   #3
Btrfly9IRL
Hullaboarder

Send a message via AIM to Btrfly9IRL Send a message via Yahoo to Btrfly9IRL
Smile

i'm staying at the bond place hotel, that's like a 5 min walk to the eaton center. we will be hanging out downtown friday night and all day saturday, maye we'll see ya!

http://pub54.ezboard.com/bravechat2
Old February 13th, 2002, 02:11 AM   #4
Rocksteady
Hullanewbie

Send a message via AIM to Rocksteady
Sweet

Ill be doing the same as you except friday night i want to see what toronto nightlife has to offer! Ive heard Limelight is good. I think im going to stay at the hotel frolic recommends, but we should meet up and do some sight seeing! Itll be jsut me and my good friend adam! represent CT 10 hour drive!

Aaron-
Old February 13th, 2002, 04:02 PM   #5
Mikie
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to Mikie
if ya wanna go sightseeing... hmm just walk up and down queen and richmond.. haha the diversity during the nitelife is beyond crazy..

unless your an architecture buff like myse;f just glaring at buildings? I dunno ..

but I'm going to limelight on friday as I mentioned before

retro baby!
Old February 14th, 2002, 02:54 PM   #6
flyer_boi
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to flyer_boi Send a message via AIM to flyer_boi
The only other thing I think other out of towners should know is that when driving across the border the customs people can be very... uncool. Ive been detained for nearly an hour and a half once on a way to Hullabaloo and it was a real bummer.

Btrfly9IRL: Im gonna be out and about all day saturday as well, prolly at the pacific mall for a lil while but well be downtown the rest of the night. maybe well see ya around.
Old February 14th, 2002, 10:36 PM   #7
Btrfly9IRL
Hullaboarder

Send a message via AIM to Btrfly9IRL Send a message via Yahoo to Btrfly9IRL
Exclamation

our hotel is near the eaton center so i'm sure we'll be hanging around there a while on saturday.
just look for 3 short girls that look lost. LOL! just call out michelle and if someone turns and looks, it's proably me. :P