The HullaBoard  

Go Back   The HullaBoard > Hullabaloo Events > Archives (read-only) > Stay Here Forever
User Name
Password
Home Forum Gallery Arcade Journals FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old July 6th, 2003, 10:56 PM   #1
fREAKYjUNGLIST
Hullaboarder

they follow the thrends

aiight. i just find this too weird.
This was my third hulla. my first was in 2002 feb, second 2003 feb and the 6yr.

Aiight. when i first started to party...i always wore the silver metalic goggles, gask mask(to give that outter or futuristic raver look...which the style already has been established), and also a dice necklace.

i have been wearing the same style practically to everyparty and yeah i dress the same way outside of parties for like years now. and before parties i dressed as a "cyber kid".

and when i was at hulla last night (which was a random thing)...i didn't plan on going to hulla...i was supposed to go to reform ...but my friend helped me out. but when i went to hulla...i was like "WHAO, WTF?!"

EVERYONE has been jumping on the bandwagon on the goggles trend and gask mask..and dice necklaces. WTF?! i mean...i've been to A LOT of parties for like two years. and have only seen 2 other people "pull off" the style....i just find it really weird how EVERYONE is trying to be a "cyber kid".

BTW, THE PARTY WAS AMAZING!
I honour the place in you where the entire universe resides. I honour the place in you of love, of light, of peace. I honour the place within you where, if you are in that place in you & I am in that place in me, there is only one of us.
Old July 6th, 2003, 11:54 PM   #2
*MoonDancer*

Photos: 12  Users Photo Gallery
Send a message via ICQ to *MoonDancer* Send a message via MSN to *MoonDancer* Send a message via Yahoo to *MoonDancer*
Yah .. people see stuff they like and copy it .
HOw else would everyone end up wearing funfur and beaded jewlery.
I started making skrits and boot things like 2 years ago.. now i see like 4 or 5 girls every hulla wearing them
( i didnt invent the style- i saw a girl in england with ones that were mostly tight white knee sock type covers and just made them phatter)

You should feel flattered that someone likes youre style so much

KRis*
Old July 7th, 2003, 02:52 PM   #3
fREAKYjUNGLIST
Hullaboarder

to an extent i do
*insert blushing emoticon*
Old July 7th, 2003, 02:59 PM   #4
slipknot21swim
Hullaboarder

Send a message via AIM to slipknot21swim Send a message via Yahoo to slipknot21swim
Yeah if u think about it every fashion trend starts out with one person being unique and then everyone else thinks its cool and copies the style. and just like Kris said u should be proud that others like ur style and wanna do it on themselves.
Old July 7th, 2003, 10:22 PM   #5
meisemily
Hullaboarder

Journal Entries: 1 View Users Journal
simply put,
life IS imitation.
Old July 7th, 2003, 11:16 PM   #6
~QuijiKid~

Send a message via ICQ to ~QuijiKid~
People have been wearing goggles for years.
Old July 7th, 2003, 11:24 PM   #7
limey
Hullaboarder

Journal Entries: 7 View Users Journal
yeah, its not like ppl werent wearing googles and masks before 2 years ago

this shouldnt bother you... its not like avril was the first girl to wear a tie
Old July 8th, 2003, 12:17 AM   #8
kandeegirl2
Sweetness and Light Mod

Photos: 29  Users Photo Gallery
Journal Entries: 3 View Users Journal
Send a message via ICQ to kandeegirl2 Send a message via AIM to kandeegirl2 Send a message via Yahoo to kandeegirl2
good points everyone

leg spats rule i saw someone rockin em in a magazine and like ya said up there kris, they looked like stretched out high garterless socks.

i was soo tired i didn't get to the stores on queen to get fabric so i must get some next time. its all good tho cuz its way too hot to rock funfur at summer parties. i give the friendship crew and anyone else who wore fun fur mad props.

Old July 8th, 2003, 06:38 PM   #9
Mr.T
Hullaboarder

Re: they follow the thrends

Quote:
Originally posted by fREAKYjUNGLIST

i have been wearing the same style practically to everyparty and yeah i dress the same way outside of parties for like years now. and before parties i dressed as a "cyber kid".

EVERYONE has been jumping on the bandwagon on the goggles trend and gask mask..and dice necklaces. WTF?! i mean...i've been to A LOT of parties for like two years. and have only seen 2 other people "pull off" the style....i just find it really weird how EVERYONE is trying to be a "cyber kid".

3rd hulla...."2 years"....bandwagon

think about that you twit

in case you can't put 2 and 2 together, it sounds like you are the one jumping on bandwagons oh wise 2 year raving guru.

OMG PEOPLE WORE PANTS!!!!! WAGON JUMPER WAGON JUMPER

DownLow 420 (shameless Plug)

Last edited by Mr.T : July 8th, 2003 at 06:42 PM.
Old July 8th, 2003, 08:15 PM   #10
Snoop e
Hullaboarder

Journal Entries: 23 View Users Journal
Send a message via AIM to Snoop e Send a message via MSN to Snoop e Send a message via Yahoo to Snoop e
people wore pants

Check me out on MySpace.
Old July 9th, 2003, 12:14 PM   #11
*MoonDancer*

Photos: 12  Users Photo Gallery
Send a message via ICQ to *MoonDancer* Send a message via MSN to *MoonDancer* Send a message via Yahoo to *MoonDancer*
Quote:
i was soo tired i didn't get to the stores on queen to get fabric so i must get some next time. its all good tho cuz its way too hot to rock funfur at summer parties. i give the friendship crew and anyone else who wore fun fur mad props.

Thanks!!!!!!
THe party was 90 Degrees...
Inside any funfur outfit was 120 Degrees
*note to self.. no funfur till December*

ANd dont worry hun.. you'll get youre funfur next time!
I say go Saturday Afternoon BEFORE hulla.. cuz i know ALL the stores are open.. SUndays there are only like a couple stores open
Kris~
Old July 9th, 2003, 01:53 PM   #12
tekcajder
Hullaboarder

Send a message via AIM to tekcajder
Re: they follow the thrends

Quote:
Originally posted by fREAKYjUNGLIST

Aiight. when i first started to party...i always wore the silver metalic goggles, gask mask(to give that outter or futuristic raver look...which the style already has been established), and also a dice necklace.

and when i was at hulla last night (which was a random thing)...i didn't plan on going to hulla...i was supposed to go to reform ...but my friend helped me out. but when i went to hulla...i was like "WHAO, WTF?!"

BTW, THE PARTY WAS AMAZING!

i've been going to hullas since 99 and my m8 who was wearing a mask/goggles/visor (you may have seen him, he had christmas lights around his waist) has been going since before me.

thats been a style for as long as i can remember, before i started going to parties as well. thats what i looked fowards to ... fashion goes through phases, things leave, and come back ... and then leave again, only to be brought back by someone who remembers them. i wouldn't stress about it too much ... just have a good time, thats what the parties about.

"and remember, you're an individual, just like everyone else"
Old July 9th, 2003, 02:15 PM   #13
monstercan-D
Hullaboarder

I know exactly why he was wearing that get-up.

wink-wink

(James -it's Duncan)
Old July 9th, 2003, 07:58 PM   #14
tekcajder
Hullaboarder

Send a message via AIM to tekcajder
lol, he was blending in ... its his training

rite on dunc!
Old July 9th, 2003, 10:32 PM   #15
Juice_1
Hullaboarder

Its soooooo hard to live a double life. How the hell did Batman do it for all those years! Seriously though, amazing party, I love you guys, its the reason I keep going. Can't wait to see ya all again!!! I'll bring a better disguise next time! Maybe I'll come in uniform, that would be a hoot.