Home Forum Gallery Arcade Journals FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old July 9th, 2001, 03:51 AM   #1
Everybodies_Daddy
Hullaboarder

Photos: 8  Users Photo Gallery
Journal Entries: 25 View Users Journal
Send a message via ICQ to Everybodies_Daddy
Favourite Hulla Memories?

Ok, raving memories in general. I was just perusing the hulla archives, and I happened to like that trip down memory lane. So there.

Dose- Freakin-
Me and my friends first ever party... being completely lost, having no idea what was going on, just sitting, someone came and sat with us, and explained the whole concept. The absolutely MENTAL breakdancing circle for Mixmaster Mike's set.

Hulla- Rush Hour
Wow... mind blowing. "kitten pile" in the bouncy castle, some guy with a video camera, and doing a wierd "freeze frame" dance with some guy.

Lifeforce- Get Down Again
Running into people that I'd never expect to meet at a rave. The countdown. My new years kiss...

??? some party in February 99
Atomic Babies, breakdancing. Finally getting inside after freezing in line forever. All the D-town massive.

Email- Fresh Off the Tree
The bouncer who let me in even with no ticket... begging and pleading, and finally taking pity on me, and getting me in by saying I was guest list. Meeting super-Mike. Sex in the corner. Group hug to Heart Of Gold. MC Jazz-E-Jane.

Kamikaze- Awacknation
Trying to find the hardcore room. Dancing on stage with SCOOT to delta9. Frolic signing my book- my hero!

Hulla- Foreverland
My first net meet. Meeting tinkerbelle, Liz, super-Mike again, and all the wonderful peeps. My sparkly hair. Frolic spinning eyeopener. Meeting chickE.

Hardsound- Sonic Storm
Having my lost soother returned by Andrea- I still wuv u! MC MC down in the crowd. Spock vs. Dominik. Barely catching the end of frolic's set. Seeing SCOOT, the twins, meeting scudboy, afroboi, saffron, so many more. The first and only Iloveraving.com netmeet. My for rent sign.

Hulla 2yr
Singing happy birthday. The wedding. The guy with the darth maul lightsabre. People recognizing me by my for rent sign. The chick in the hulla dress. Gaining my third of four teletubbies from someone who remembered I was trying to score all four.

Some tight little party in the summer at X-it
DJ Dominik tracking me down just before his set, just to tell me that he thought my screen name was the coolest. Seeing afroboi again.

Freakin 99- my one year. No good memories came of this party.

Hulla- A View to a Thrill
Running into frolic on the dancefloor. Shaking my groove thing with the twins for Sy&Unknown. That big fan. Some guy presenting me with play-doh as a thank you gift for babysitting him at an earlier party- he'd been carrying it with him to every party since, just in case he saw me.

ATM- Reunion
Jenna... mmmmm.... Frisky's set- mind blowing! Meeting Ms.Fit. Dancing my ass off at 8 am.

U4IA- Glowin
My mc'ing debut. That bad, huh? I had a ball. Meeting my first groupies.

Biohazard- Breakout
Throwing down with MC Gobstoppa... My canadian flag fun fur overalls.

Tantrum- Sounds of Madness
Early evening/morning supporters. Working with mc jumper, kwik, scoot, gobstoppa and specs.

Biohazard- Epidemic
My favourite party ever. MCing for DJ Nimh, frisky and viper. The people were absolutely bonkers. I love everyone who screamed, jumped, danced and hugged that night.

Biohazard- Meltdown
Despite system troubles, MCing for DJ Unknown, alongside MC SCOOT. Afterwards Unknown telling me that I freaked him out, because when he looked up, he kept expecting to see MC Ruff, cuz I sounded that good. That made my head swell.

I love all the peeps I've met over the past couple years- joey, the twins, scoot, scudboy, 8ball, chickE, Lil Miss Leighsa, JazzEJane, Gobstoppa, Specs, Liz, Saffron... who else? ummm.... I'll think of some later.

Favourite set I ever saw (so far)- Delta9 at Fresh Off The Tree
Favourite DJ's- Frolic and Spinback
Favourite Parties- Epidemic and Fresh Off the Tree

MC Everybodies*ShakeThatAss*Daddy

Hot + Dirty
Everybodies_Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 9th, 2001, 01:27 PM   #2
SCOOT
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to SCOOT
Who's everybodies daddy???????
Nice memories man, I'll see ya sometime soon I hope

SCOOT
SCOOT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 9th, 2001, 02:45 PM   #3
Everybodies_Daddy
Hullaboarder

ok, reject me.

I'll be at the next hulla, for sure. Maybe at 3day.

PLURsquared

MC Everybodies*Who'sSCOOTanyway*Daddy
Old July 16th, 2001, 12:18 AM   #4
bucky
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to bucky Send a message via AIM to bucky
Re: Favourite Hulla Memories?

Quote:
Originally posted by Everybodies_Daddy
ATM- Reunion
Jenna... mmmmm.... Frisky's set- mind blowing! Meeting Ms.Fit. Dancing my ass off at 8 am.

man... ya left out the best part of this one!! it wasn't just dancing at 8am, but dancing to Dominik at 8am!! i was still very new to partying, but i always thought, and still do think that it was awesome that at 8am there was people dancing strong and to hardcore... that night ruled!!!

Favorite Hulla memory -- going to my very first Hulla party in October 99 in the parking garage... I hand sewed my fun fur pants on the car ride to Toronto, i had em all cut out but didn't get to finish them so there i was on the QEW sewin my heart out... then the party itself was great! such a new experience, i was instantly hooked. (minus the one unfortunate problem there)
bucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 16th, 2001, 01:26 AM   #5
Jess
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to Jess
don't remember what party...it was a kamikaze i believe?...at the BLC in like 97? or 98? and Dominik blew my mind

the 1st group hug...

and most recent the jungle beach party a couple weeks ago, it rained...but i remember during prine.nebula's set with everyone holding the tarp up for their equipment...there was that amazing feeling like "oh yeah...i remember this vibe...this is what it feels like" it just brought back the feelings i used to get when ever i went to a party...and i realized the "scene" is nowhere close to dying...it's just changing, and under the right circumstances "that vibe" can be achieved still...

and well, liquid's 7 year will be pretty memorable...lots of good people

Old July 17th, 2001, 07:29 AM   #6
-*MiZ*-
Hullaboarder

I know a lot of people didn't find A View To A Thrill as good as some of the other Hullas, but I loved it! I met soo many amazing people on that freezing April nite. Including a hot dog vendor... but there was something that nite where I just danced like crazy and didn't care about anything!

There are soo many memories that it's hard to pick one, I love them all collectively....

Umm, I guess the RCMPs were pretty cool, well the first one was the best when it was still RCMP...

I'm too tired to think of more....
Old July 17th, 2001, 07:20 PM   #7
-*MiZ*-
Hullaboarder

Unhappy

oopsy-doodles! wow! was I ever tired lastnite... okies, the cold April rave I was talking about was Foreverland, not A View To A Thrill, I was at that one too, but I was talking about Foreverland, lol @myself....
-*MiZ*- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 18th, 2001, 03:25 PM   #8
Everybodies_Daddy
Hullaboarder

Or the first time I saw Miz naked. That was a good week..

MCED
Old August 14th, 2001, 01:55 PM   #9
samp
Hullanewbie

Wink

was just reminiscing about all my fave hulla memories: hearing eyeopener and going crazy @ foreverland (after waiting just inside the door 4ever cuz my sis 4got the tix!!). funtopia 2 -helping my friend in the infamous "hulla dress" walk through the crowd all nite! meeting a cool brit who took my pic w. a digital cam and finding it on the net a week later! fun fur friends. A view to a thrill - wicked trance room, seeing soooo many friends all in one nite. scott brown=best hardcore set ever!! all the rest seem to melt 2gether, so many good times, great peeps and awesome music.
samp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 26th, 2004, 12:30 PM   #10
mazlin
Hullaboarder

Photos: 6  Users Photo Gallery
Send a message via MSN to mazlin
raves are the best!
mazlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 26th, 2004, 01:23 PM   #11
GlowRaver4184
Hullaboarder

a few highlights.....

~Sasha & Digweed walking by the corner me and two of my friends were trying to hide in while toking and laughing when they realised what we were doing. Waterstreet ~ Delta Heavy Tour '02

~Driving all over Rochester and asking every car that was alone in a parking lot "is this the map point?" ~Underground Unnamed Party in some restaurant basement. '03

~Being at the bar and thinking "I really liked MC E.D.'s style, I wonder if he's around...." then realising he was standing right next to me...(wierd). Opera House ~ Sail Away. '04

~Standing outside waiting for 2 1/2 hrs for my buddy Aron(RIP) to get his shit from coat check. Waterstreet ~ Delta Heavy Tour '02

~takin the van offroad to get to find the hidden field party. Field party ~ Rochester. '03

~Realizing I had to be to work in 4hrs, leaving only to realize my car was parked next to the back door and Stompy was standing next to it smoking a cigarette, and striking up a quick conversation. Waterstreet ~ STOMP!. '04

~smoking a bowl with some kids from Detroit. Waterstreet ~ STOMP! '04

~Aron and I deciding to "hide from the cops"(there werent any, but he was sketched and I was high) by jumping in the water. Charlotte Beach ~ Beach Party '02
GlowRaver4184 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 26th, 2004, 02:35 PM   #12
Mr Skittles
Friendship Crew

Photos: 7  Users Photo Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Mr Skittles Send a message via MSN to Mr Skittles Send a message via Yahoo to Mr Skittles
Cherry Beach

Those damn steps (their a killer)

Everybody's favorite MC ANDY KWIK controlling the ride so high inside

Having my picture taken with Scott Brown, Hixxy, and Storm

Drinking and smoking a cigar with Frisky

Chilling outside in the parking lot of the Howard Johnson. We had about 15 ravers all kandied out, sitting in a big circle, talking about whatever til mid afternoon

Lucky Star Travel

"A movin groove with a massive plan"

TOP FLIGHT MUTHA-F*CKIN SECURITY
Mr Skittles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 27th, 2004, 01:28 AM   #13
DJ Tranzit
Hullaboarder
Snake Champion! High Score: 2183  Duck Hunt Champion! High Score: 89000 

Send a message via ICQ to DJ Tranzit Send a message via MSN to DJ Tranzit Send a message via Yahoo to DJ Tranzit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Everybodies_Daddy
Biohazard- Breakout
Throwing down with MC Gobstoppa... My canadian flag fun fur overalls.

ive got pics of that
i'll have to find em

** New - Dj Tranzit - This Is Why I'm Hot - 60 min hardcore fuckery ***
DJ Tranzit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 27th, 2004, 02:17 PM   #14
DynamicHalfDuo
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to DynamicHalfDuo Send a message via AIM to DynamicHalfDuo
Singing Stay Here Forever along with all of Hulla at "Stay Here Forever" last year... then calling work and telling them I couldn't work because I was in jail so they didn't fire me for blowing off the whole weekend.

Bringing my mom to Brain Basher and having her tell me she'd never felt safer than with me at a TOronto rave.

Going to Power of Dreams (my second party and second Hulla) by taking a greyhound (for the first time ever) and crossing the border alone (for the first time ever) and meeting up with hullaboarders outside SketchyD's in the Eaton Centre and feeling right at home.

Meeting all you all

Strolling in to Digital Outlaws totally by random, being almost traumatized by the hugs from all directions... then standing in the crowd during Frolic's set when "See Me Climb" came on and turning around and having a hullaraver hug me and say "Happy Hulla" and deciding that from now on, THIS was where I always wanted to be.

MCing at Goodfellaz Time Bomb and being absolutely overwhelmed by the support, especially at 8 in the morning after a hard night of partying with hundreds of ravers still dancing HARD and ready to keep going. I still owe you guys for that.

Accidentally falling off the stage at WEMF ::

The gigantic group hug that always seems to happen when Shooting Star gets played
Old October 27th, 2004, 04:10 PM   #15
astralkid
Hullaboarder

Photos: 1  Users Photo Gallery
Journal Entries: 1 View Users Journal
FITS:

After sometime of being in the rave scene but only going to other parties(techno, trance, breaks), finally going to a hardcore party.... and than when Scott Brown came on, being amazed at all the amazing tracks he was spining and going crazy over them and than getting a face message from a hot candy girl

Enchanted: Finally seeing the infamous team of Hixxy and Storm, Storm blowing me away with his mad rhyming skills.
astralkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 1st, 2004, 06:20 PM   #16
Everybodies_Daddy
Hullaboarder

Holy old thread batman!!!!

So many happy memories since 2001... wow...

I think one of the biggest was MCing for Frolic at Drift on A Dream... the energy was just unbelieveable... Vibes just don't get much better than that.

MCED
Old November 1st, 2004, 06:36 PM   #17
meisemily
Hullaboarder

Journal Entries: 1 View Users Journal
...randomly deciding to go to super ultra mega happy fun rave in buffalo...

yeah, that abruptly switched my genre preference to hardcore.
Old November 1st, 2004, 06:47 PM   #18
Psychick
Hullaboarder

Photos: 5  Users Photo Gallery
Send a message via ICQ to Psychick
Quick Point Form List:

-Danny Tenaglia at Last Minute, when Kool Haus was still the Warehouse. (much better name than Kool Haus).
-Meeting Silver1 and SportyDan at Bite the Bullet when I was a dumb n00bie,and being impressed becos they were well-known on the Hullaboard Haha.
-Making matching fun fur gloves with my best friend for View to a Thrill.
-Gatekeeper 2 at X-it, and the cage dancing. Almost tripping on my phat pants when walking up to the second room, and getting applauded.
-Whose Your Daddy at Boo Radley's in Guelph, and the amazing Guelph vibe!
-The amazing Kitchener vibe at Vidman's April Foolz. Nice, small venue. Great crowd.
-That Cambridge party above Refugee Cafe!!! Was it Tribulation? Nubbie, help me out here :P That party was incredible!
-Sex on Decks at Innercity, and meeting hot, hot DJ Mea. And getting a CD from her, autographed. And getting her to sign my book. And getting a hug. Mmmmm. One of my favourite sets/parties.
-WEMF 2002. Still my favourite WEMF. Meeting Keron (finally). And Christian. And Amanda. And everyone else I discovered that weekend.
-Matt's Awaken party, on the beach. Once the weather was sorted out, it became one of my top ten.
-Quixotic vs Airhead, Kick 'Em in the Throat. I may be biased, but I still think the lineup was fucking art :P
-Goodfellaz 2 Year. The lights were sure purdy. And the music wasn't half-bad either

I beat the internet....the end guy was hard

Psychick & J-Karlos & Termeric | The Cyber Lepers of the Future

anyone who's anyone knows who deek is ... you're all internet stars
Psychick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 7th, 2004, 05:41 AM   #19
DJ Saiyan
Hullaboarder

Journal Entries: 2 View Users Journal
Send a message via MSN to DJ Saiyan
Quote:
Originally Posted by DynamicHalfDuo

MCing at Goodfellaz Time Bomb and being absolutely overwhelmed by the support, especially at 8 in the morning after a hard night of partying with hundreds of ravers still dancing HARD and ready to keep going. I still owe you guys for that.

that definitely ranks up there as one of my favorite memories as well.

so wasted. so very very wasted.

ill post more tomorrow, its quarter to five in the morning and my ass is tired.
Old November 9th, 2004, 04:25 PM   #20
jules
Hullaboarder

Send a message via AIM to jules
-meeting Martin (Daywalker), Justin (HiIQ), Jason (B) and Heather at WEMF '99
(yay first US party friends!) and Tyco's first set at a 3 day

-Hulla Birthday Funtopia 3, with my lovely Smegal and my Force & Styles. Such good memories of that party.

-ATM reunion - first time I saw Paulina Taylor *swoon* and Dougal with Jenna live was just fantastic. Jenna in that red dress *swoon swoon* Dougal in that black turtleneck (haha) and the Newz made that one of my favorite parties ever.

-Biohazard Meltdown - awesome awesome party and one of Tyco's first gigs

-Hulla Group Hug - the party was cancelled and moved to the Opera House and omg what a vibe there was that night. like none i'd ever experienced before. When Frolic played and that giant group hug started I almost cried.

-Every Goodfellaz party (for obvious reasons ) but especially the intensity of the crowd during Luna C's set at Edge of Madness, playing at Head of the Class w/ Tika, and playing last on NYE (same memory as Timmy's) at 8am to a huge crowd of people still dancing.

WEMF 99, 2000 & 2001 were the awesome as well with too many memories to remember
jules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 9th, 2004, 04:34 PM   #21
candykates
Hullaboarder

Photos: 18  Users Photo Gallery
Send a message via AIM to candykates Send a message via MSN to candykates Send a message via Yahoo to candykates
-meeting louie during frisky's 4am set at make believe... and never returning to a hulla without him by my side

tell me, am i right to think that there could be nothing better...?
candykates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 10th, 2004, 12:04 AM   #22
orbz
Hullaboarder

Photos: 3  Users Photo Gallery
Send a message via MSN to orbz
hmm

http://www.hulla.info/board/showthread.php?t=18497

well, now we've got two of 'em I guess

ah well... that's what the hulla board is all about, right? 300 threads per topic
Old November 10th, 2004, 03:48 PM   #23
JaMGiRL
Hullaboarder

Send a message via MSN to JaMGiRL
Epidemic was a really great party Honestly I had so much fun at BETEO it really tops my fav. raves of all time. Sail Away was probably my fav. hulla It's funny both of those parties found me in a mass group hug.

rock.you.softly/rock.me.steady

PR ~ jamgirl
JaMGiRL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 16th, 2004, 11:37 AM   #24
Everybodies_Daddy
Hullaboarder

Quote:
Originally Posted by jules
-ATM reunion - first time I saw Paulina Taylor *swoon* and Dougal with Jenna live was just fantastic. Jenna in that red dress *swoon swoon* Dougal in that black turtleneck (haha) and the Newz made that one of my favorite parties ever.

the intensity of the crowd during Luna C's set at Edge of Madness,

Also fond memories...

The vibe when Dougal & Jenna did Heart of Gold... like whoa... or when JD did his speech about the government crackdown... *tear*

Meltdown, when I MC'ed for Unknown... that was the last time I was on the mic for two years, 'til More Bounce....

Seeing Luna-C... I had no idea what was in store for me... and I fell in love during Storm's set... *sigh*

MCED
Old November 19th, 2004, 03:04 PM   #25
pointy_sticks
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to pointy_sticks Send a message via AIM to pointy_sticks Send a message via Yahoo to pointy_sticks
Quote:
Originally Posted by jules

I almost went to that party, but I was going to Hulla the next week with a different group of friends and I couldn't convince them to go to Toronto two weeks in a row. Greg told me I was an asshole for missing it, and I probably am.